Sunday, October 4, 2015

Hiking With The Keppy's

Friday evening the Keppy's arrived from Denver!  Gwyn was all smiles before she headed off to bed - even Kenzie and Evan headed to their room after eating some pumpkin mousse! (yes - it was delicious!!) 

The guys were off to an early start on Saturday - Glenn, Gary and Evan joined the Rock and Gem Club from Lake George and headed to Breckenridge on a dig - they had an awesome day and brought home lots of tiny crystals which they were thrilled with (Jessi and I thought differently!!).

Meanwhile, Jessi, Kenzie, Gwyn and I had a great day together!  We walked up to the new house to see all the changes, had coffee INSIDE as it was too cold outside, played cards with Kenzie, and spent a lot of quality time with Gwyn.  But one of the most fun things we did was to look through all of my old scrapbooks! Wow did we have some laughs over that!  One of the things Jessi really got a kick out of was the "book" I made in home economics on planning a wedding!  It was planned to the very last detail with pictures cut out of magazines of dresses and tuxedos and china place settings and everything else you could imagine!  I loved the last page which had a picture of where my proposed honeymoon would be - Colorado!!!

Sunday morning we headed out early to Horsethief Falls which is on the way to Cripple Creek for a 3 mile hike!  We were all in high spirits and had a wonderful hike!

 I think the kids ran up most of the trail!  They sure had a lot more energy than the rest of us!

 The falls are beautiful!  And we enjoyed a nice rest and a snack up by the waterfall!


 Jessi had Gwyn in the "ergo carrier" on the way up and she was a real trooper!  I love her hat!

 The weather was perfect - cool but sunny!  Luckily the rain waited till after our hike!

 That really isn't a stick coming out of my mouth!  I was behind a branch and there just wasn't any room to scoot over!

I highly recommend this hike as it's not too strenuous and the falls is well worth the hike!

1 comment:

Teri said...

Looks beautiful - what a great place to hike. If we ever get there again, would love to do that!