Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Iowa Company / Happy Birthday Jessi!

I was super excited when my sister Patty called a few weeks ago and said they were going to come out to see our new house AND bring their ATV so we could go riding together!  WOW - what fun that would be!!

They arrived Friday the 8th and it was fun taking them on a tour of our house!  We talked and talked that evening, catching up with all the news and just enjoying having them here!!

Saturday the guys left to do whatever guys do and Patty and I headed down to The Winery to have a wine tasting session - I had taken my other sister Teri here before so it was only fitting that I take Patty too!

 We ate and drank and had a great time together!

 And then it was back home to await the arrival of the Keppys' plus Kylan - they were heading down to spend the night with us and then take the boys to LVR Camp the next day!!

Love this picture of Patty and Leonard!

 We had a fun evening together - Jessi, Gary and Gwyn slept in the 5th wheel, Kenzie was on the futon and the boys were in their sleeping bags on the floor in the lower level!

Also not to be forgotten, Evan had dictated to his mom an accounting of his stay and Kylan's here at our house and she had typed it for him - believe it or not, it was 4 1/2 typed pages!!!!  He even remembered actual conversations we all had!!  What a kid!  I LOVE his account of his stay here and it's definitely going into my memory box!!!

I had put breakfast in the crockpot before I went to bed and it turned out perfect for breakfast the next morning!!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESSI!  Even though it was her birthday, she had made homemade cinnamon rolls to bring and of course they were awesome as usual!!

 Boys will be boys - I can't even remember what Kylan had in his mouth but whatever it was, they had fun being silly and I had to snap a picture!!

 Gwyn of course was the center of attention - her smiling face and great disposition makes it hard to not just hug and squeeze her all the time - she loves watermelon!!

 And check out Gwyn on this family picture - what a cutie she is!!  The Keppys' and Kylan left for camp mid-afternoon and the 4 of us started packing the 5th wheel and the pickups for our camping and ATVing trip!

2 comments:

DrKeppy said...

Yay such a fun weekend! I was so glad to be able to spend my birthday with you!

Teri said...

All so cute! Can't wait to hear all about your time with Patty!