Monday, June 18, 2018

Kenzie and Aleah

It's that time of the year again where the grand kids are excited to come to our house for a few nights!  It's tough trying to find a date that will work for everyone and transportation issues!  But June worked out best for the girls and early August will work for the boys!

As usual, we met at Caribou Coffee for coffee with the kids enjoying smoothies from next door!  Evan was invited to go to Kylan's during the time the girls were at our place so there was a bunch of us meeting in Co. Springs (Brad's crew was heading to the Warrior Games!)

The 4 grand daughters in Caribou Coffee - even though Gwyn doesn't look thrilled, she did enjoy her smoothie!!


Back home, the girls were more than ready to get into the hot tub and because it was cloudy out, it was a perfect time!


Must have been cool out as the girls have on their "name" sweatshirts!!  They always request their favorite snack:  cut up fruit with marshmallows, eaten with a toothpick!


Of course they love their electronics!!  They were pretty limited at our house but enjoyed the time they did have!


I had bought the "quarter" books from Current for the girls since I had given them to the boys a few years ago - along with the books they get to sort through our money jar and keep whatever quarters go in the book!  Because we had cashed in the money jar a few months ago, it was only about 1/4 full.  Then I remembered that when I had done the quarter books as the different states came out each year, I had filled 4 quarters from each state into small books - then had gotten a large book where you just put one quarter from each state.  So before I gave the girls their books, I emptied the small books into the money jar which would assure both of the girls that their books would be complete with every state!!!  (I'm sure their moms wondered how they got full books when the boys' books aren't even full - ha ha)



Painting and drawing was next on the agenda!


Of course we had to have a tea party - the girls are way too big to use the plastic set anymore and I remembered I had these beautiful cups (I think from Jaime but maybe one set was from Jessi?) and the girls loved them!!


Matching tanks that I had given them at Christmas were perfect for their "outdoor chore".


I gave the girls a choice of filling a trash bag with pine cones or picking up little pieces of trash around the property - they chose the pine cones and I got stuck with the trash!


Lunch on the deck always tastes better than eating it inside!

And so goes the first day and 1/2 of their stay............................

3 comments:

Teri said...

How cool to spend time with them - looks like they are enjoying it!

Jill said...

They always look forward to this "weekend"! This year was no exception!

DrKeppy said...

Sneaky sneaky on the quarters! I love that they coordinated their clothes!! Oh so much fun they have!