Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Estes Park Christmas - #2

Friday evening is always a celebration for Kenzie's birthday!  This girl turned 11 - can you believe it?  All my grand kids are GROWING UP WAY TOO FAST!!  She opened her gifts and then we celebrated with ice cream sundaes!


That evening we all headed over to the gym - most played basketball and some skated after a while - I was a spectator (of course!!).  It was a fun night and all the kids enjoyed it!

And before we knew it, it was Saturday morning and time to open presents!!  Gwyn was all smiles as she opened her gifts!


I ordered the girls these signs for their walls and even got to customize them - they loved them!


I love the expression on Parkers' and Kylans' face!!  I had ordered playing cards for each of the kids with either their name or initials on all of the cards!


Ornaments were part of Rayna and Matias' gifts!


And once again, I made them all photo books!  Rayna and Matias got large ones since they're both seniors!


Check out the cute decorations I got the girls - one side is Christmas and the other side is fall!


Calendar time - these seem to take me SO LONG to make but they're so worth it!


We had all the grand kids get in a line according to age and they all sang us a Christmas song - cute as can be!!


Glenn made snowmen and reindeer for the girls (and me!!).  Jaime and I were shopping at Home Depot a while back and they had them - although they weren't made very good at all!  I took pictures and showed them to Glenn - he said of COURSE he could make them - and a WHOLE LOT better than the $30 ones at Home Depot!!  They turned out super cute!!  Mine looks great on the front porch!


The other extra thing I did this year was to make an extra batch of my "cracker mix" and give a container to EACH one of the grand kids and to the kids - usually I just give one to the kids and the grand kids have it eaten by the first night!  Evan absolutely LOVES it so thought this would be a great gift and they all thought so too - in fact Evan's was gone the first night!!  Oh my!!

In the middle of all of the opening, Jessi served her famous cinnamon rolls - they are SO GOOD with a cup of coffee - yum!!  We sure appreciate her making them every year!

After the regular opening, the grand kids did their "roll the dice" grab bag gifts which were all candy and either a Snoopy or Grinch Christmas glass - they sure were cute and all the kids were happy because the SAME candy was in each glass!!

And the day continued......

2 comments:

Teri said...

Such great gifts and a fun time!! I love the snowmen and reindeer that Glenn made (I showed them to Jay to hopefully give him some ideas!)

Jill said...

My snowmen look super cute in my house!