Saturday, December 28, 2019

Kids Activities

More activities after Estes Park?  Absolutely!!  We headed back to Denver and Kenzie and I immediately changed clothes and headed to The Nutcracker!  It was being put on by the place where she goes to dance class so I ordered tickets for her birthday!

Hooray for GPS!!  All who know me KNOW I have absolutely no sense of direction and can't read a map!!  I was a little hesitant to head out in Denver to an unknown place but it was easy to get to!  It was at a huge high school and when we arrived the parking lot was FULL - I believe I got the LAST parking spot which yes, was a LONG ways away from the door but that was OK!!

The Nutcracker was excellent!!  Kenzie recognized a few of the girls that were in it and we both thoroughly enjoyed it!!  It was almost dark when we got out of there and I was taking Kenzie to Red Robin for dinner, a ways away!!  Even though I had the GPS, it was still daunting to drive at night in Denver as the headlights really bother me, especially when I don't know where I'm going - HA!!  Except for a car almost hitting us as he swerved in front of us, I made the drive in one piece!!

Red Robin was great and we shared a hamburger, fries, drink AND dessert!!


Since the kids were in school on Monday with Gary and Jessi working, Glenn and I decided to go to The Museum of Natural History!  We always enjoy going to this museum and looking around - we also took in the IMAX !  I liked this statue made out of Lego's!



Monday night was Evan's band concert - he plays the saxophone in the regular 7th grade band and also in the wind ensemble - it was excellent!!


Jessi had Tuesday off so we headed out for coffee and to run a couple of errands!  Always fun to just hang out!!  Evan had his middle school basketball game that night (pictures are mixed up!!) so we enjoyed watching him play!

And Wednesday Glenn and I visited friends that live in Hudson, CO, Larry and Joyce.  It was a nice drive there and only about 45 minutes away!  We enjoyed lunch with them and catching up before it was time to get home for Kenzie's choir concert!!

The concert was a "winter" theme and was cute as can be!  Kenzie also had a speaking part about her directors' ugly sweater!!




How fun to be able to get to 3 of the kids' activities!!  But this Nana and Papa were ready for their own bed so headed home early Thursday morning after being gone a week!!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Fun to read about the extra stuff you and Papa did!