Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Lefsa Making

 Has it really been almost 3 weeks since I've blogged????  WOW - but when you're retired and tend to stay home a lot, there isn't much to write about!  I've stayed busy, believe me, and the house has been completely decorated for over a week, the Thanksgiving meal is all planned, and all but 2 gifts are bought for Christmas!  So I HAVE been busy - along with my volunteer job at the Food Pantry and the homeowners association which has been really keeping me busy lately!

Now it's time to blog again!!  I had decided that I was ready to make lefsa again - sister Patty had taught me how and I had all the appropriate equipment but I just remembered that the last time I had made it (only once since I had been taught), it seemed to take FOREVER to just make one batch!!  But I was willing to make it because I was darn hungry for lefsa!

Between texting and face-timing Patty, I got the batch going - and yes, I can't believe I didn't take good notes the first time - but I sure did this time!!  It is time consuming - that I will admit!  


But the end result is still worth the effort!


I shared with Jaime and Jessi - Jill is gluten free so can't have it - and of course that left plenty for me to eat my fill!

This is how I eat it - heat it up in the microwave and put homemade jelly in the middle and roll it up!  Oh my gosh it is good!


I often thought that paying $25 for one batch (which makes 12 to 14 pieces) was SO expensive but once you have made it, trust me, it is worth every penny!!!

Am I making a batch for Thanksgiving?  Absolutely!

3 comments:

DrKeppy said...

It turned out sooooooo good! I am so glad you shared!!!

Teri said...

How nice! I really miss lefsa!

Jill said...

I'm glad you are able to make it since you love it so much!