Wednesday, June 8, 2022

And COVID Arrived Without Warning

 So the reason I'm behind in blogging is merely because I just haven't felt like blogging!  Yup - COVID finally reached me!

After not getting it when Glenn had it 2 Thanksgivings ago, and then not getting it this last Thanksgiving when everybody but Glenn and I got it, I was sure I was immune to it!  But on Saturday night the 21st of May, I started feeling pretty tough that evening with a bad headache!  And awoke on Sunday morning feeling horrible - it was Glenn's birthday and I felt so bad that I couldn't properly celebrate it with him!  But the headache was intense for a couple of days and I spent most of that time in bed just sleeping and trying to get rid of it.

I tested on Sunday for COVID and it was negative, but Tuesday morning I tested again and sure enough I got a positive result!  Luckily the headache, chills and fever only lasted a couple of days but then the extreme tiredness and a bad cough cropped up so I was pretty much recliner bound for the next week!

It certainly wasn't a fun experience but I'm glad it's over and done with and now I have the antibodies which will hopefully protect me over the next couple of years!

A little lingering cough is still hanging on but I have most of my energy back now and ready to move forward for the summer!  Still not sure where I picked it up but the time frame made it pretty sure that I picked it up in Iowa when we were back for the graduation!

3 comments:

Teri said...

So sorry you got it but glad you are feeling better!

DrKeppy said...

Boooooooooooooooooooooooo! I still think it's crazy that you got it when you did! But you made it through and have all those antibodies now!

Jill said...

That COVID is nasty stuff! So glad you are over it!