Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Father's Day

 Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful dads out there!  It's always a day for reflection and memories when I think about my dad - he sure was one of a kind and I miss him!

Since Jessi's and Jill's were unable to come down and Jaime had to work during the day (but would be over for dinner) I decided to make it a special day for Glenn!

First on the list was breakfast!  I had never taken Glenn over to Dawn of Hope Ranch (the place that is like 2 miles from our house) to the Wild Horse Cafe!  So that's where we went!  They really don't have a breakfast menu to speak of but now are making bagels with egss, sausage or bacon and cheese!  We ordered "everything" bagels with sausage and they were delicious, and even served with fruit!  Of course I got a special coffee and it was great!  


After breakfast we headed to town and got a few groceries before we headed to the theater to see Maverick!  We went to the first showing of the day so there were only 7 other people in the theater AND I was surprised to find out that tickets at that time are only $8.00 per person!  Since we haven't been to a movie since before Covid, I had no idea what tickets might cost!

Anyway, we both LOVED the movie - great music, great story and a few clips from Top Gun which made it SO special - it's one that I will definitely buy the DVD when it comes out!


Jaime worked till 6 and then picked up Kylan and they headed over for dinner (Brad was busy in Denver that day).  I made million dollar spagetti with brownies for dessert!


WHOA - that table sure looks long in this picture!!  Kylan and Glenn had fun playing pool!


One of Glenn's presents from the 3 girls!

It was a wonderful day spent together - Happy Fathers Day Glen!

2 comments:

Teri said...

What a special day!

Jill said...

Wish I could have celebrated with him!