Sunday, July 31, 2022

It's the Red, White & Blue Day

 Since tomorow is August 1st, maybe it's time to get the July blogs done!  I can't believe how BUSY July was!  WOW !  But I'm excited that August is looking to be a LOT less busy, so maybe camping will be on the list!

4th of July - one of my favorite holidays to decorate!!  The Keppys had let us know in advance that they were coming down for a couple of nights so we were prepared!

I had dinner waiting for them when they walked in the door and we enjoyed the evening watching Top Gun!  All of us wanted to see the new one "Maverick" so decided we needed to refresh our memories on the original movie!

Sunday morning was CINNAMON ROLLS with our coffee on the deck - YUM!!   I believe I could eat Jessi's creation every morning with my coffee!  But I'm sure my waistline wouldn't appreciate that!

We had a relaxing day - played lots of games and cards!  I was supposed to take Kylan to LVR that day as Jaime was working and Brad was out of town, but Gary said he would drive him over!  That was so nice of him to offer so there was EXTRA time to play cards!

Gwyn was super tired during the time she was there - not sure if she was fighting a bug or something but she ended up taking a 3 hour nap!  WOW!

Dinner that night was steak with all the trimmings - yum!  Rayna came over and joined us a little later!


There was rain in the forecast and sure enough it came - but the sun was out so we all raced outside to see if there was a rainbow - indeed there was!


And then it was the 4th!  This little girl was all decked out!


After breakfast, Jessi and I headed over to the Wild Horse Cafe for coffee!  It was delicious as usual and we loved the patriotic napkins!


We sat outside for quite a while in the sun and then moved inside for a while - talk, talk, talk - we had a lot to catch up on apparently! Check out my earrings that Jessi brought for me to wear that day!


Gary and Evan had left that morning to go hike Pikes Peak - and they made it!  They had a great hike and said the new gift shop at the top was wonderful and Evan stated the donuts were excellent!  Glad they got to do this and enjoyed the hike!

I love the way they all dress up for the 4th!


Kenzie helped me do chocolate covered strawberries - oh my, they were good!


Jaime and Brad joined us for ribs that night that Glenn had smoked that day - they tasted great and the weather cooperated enough that people could sit outside to eat!  And we had my yummy chocolate cake for dessert!

The Keppys left about 7 that night and fortunately didn't hit bad traffic - they even saw fireworks on the way home which was a bonus!    A great weekend it was!

3 comments:

Teri said...

What a great way to start the month!

Jill said...

Sounds like a fantastic 4th!

DrKeppy said...

We had such a fun weekend even though Gwyn wasn't feeling great