Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Ft. Collins Bound

 It was a drizzly cold morning as we drove to Ft. Collins - Jill had texted the night before that there was a possibility that Parker's football game would get cancelled because the field was so wet from all of the rain - and sure enough, we got the text on the way up that it had been cancelled.  DARN!  We were sure looking forward to seeing him play tackle football this year, as the past years have been flag football.

So I borrowed a picture of Jill's since we won't make it back up there for the rest of his games!


I'm not sure why Glenn is pointing his finger at Robby?  They spend a LOT of time on the computer and shopping at the "manly" stores!  HA!


Since the weather was lousy, the girls decided to go shopping!  It's always fun to go to Sam's (since I don't have a membership there) and we also went to Kohl's where I got Glenn a couple of things!  Our final stop was at a consignment store that I've been to before - very nice stuff and I actually got a tank type top for Mexico that I had been looking for - awesome!

Aleah (especially) and Parker LOVE to play cards and games - we spent many hours over the couple of days we were there playing rummikub and the "7" game and skipbo.  I think we may have even done a 5 Crowns too - always fun as I love to do that also!

Sunday Jill and I did church and the kids headed to a fund raiser at the golf course - it was a beautiful day for that!


Jill and I picked them up and I took them all out for smoothies!


Late afternoon we headed to the Lonestar to take Jill and Robby out for their anniversary!


We all had great meals - I had shrimp, Glenn had salmon and Jill and Robby had steak!  YUMMY!!!


After we got back home, Glenn helped teach Parker how to shoot his bow!  

And that was the weekend - but one more day in Ft. Collins as Aleah had a volleyball game on Monday - we tried to hit as many of the kids' activities that we could when we came up!

3 comments:

Teri said...

So nice you get to see so many of their activities! Can't wait to see some in December when I head to NC.

Jill said...

We were bummed the football game got canceled but still excited you came!

DrKeppy said...

Darn on the football game but glad you still found fun things to do!