Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Hiking Flat Top

 I'm not sure you could call Flat Top a mountain, but it's certainly above sea level and quite the hike to get up there!  Glenn decided it would be fun to hike it - but we should have left a LOT earlier than 8:30 to get there and start the hike but oh well....

I decided my stitches needed to be covered so my leg wouldn't get burned and since I was out of gauze and a bandaid would have just came off, I just wore a baggy pair of long capris and then rolled them up - but they were HOT - VERY HOT!  And we were in the sun the entire time.....

It was sure uphill ALL THE WAY!  But we made decent time and stopped a lot to take pictures!


What an odd shaped rock this was with a cactus on one side of it!


When we got to the top, it was super windy but the views were amazing!


And you can bet we were sweating by this time!


There were some lovely cacti on the way up - and you came down the same way!  Yes, going down was much more treachous but no falls and just a little bit of skidding!


A selfie at the top!


Heading down!

Anyway, we were all glad we went and now Glenn and I can say we hiked it!

3 comments:

Teri said...

Yay for you! What a view!!

DrKeppy said...

Wow what a gorgeous view!! Glad you did it!

Jill said...

The view was sure worth it!