Thursday, October 5, 2023

Fall Trip - Marshall Pass & Powderhorn

 September came and now it's almost gone and that makes me sad because it went WAY TOO FAST!!!!  But it was time for our fall trip so we packed up the truck and brought the razor on a trailer - destination is Lake City!

We stopped for breakfast and coffee in Johnson Village - cute place - great coffee - but spicy breakfast burritos!!  I opted for the vegetarian one, knowing that sometimes spicy sausage is used on the meat one but I totally forgot about the heat of the green chiles!!  WOW!  A couple of bites was all I could manage so Glenn gave me part of his breakfast sandwich - WHEW!

Marshall Pass was gorgeous, although the road was pretty darn rough - especially when you're in the truck with no weight in the back and pulling a noisy trailer behind!  But the beautiful leaves (and yes, they were AMAZING) made up for the bumpiness! I LOVE the tree lined road!


Seeing wildlife is always a bonus!




Gosh - it just doesn't get much prettier than this with all the gold!


Glenn wanted to take Powderhorn Road to get into Lake City - it's a gorgeous drive BUT again extremely bumpy and rough!  Took a long time to get to Lake City but I sure enjoyed the scenary!


The Powderhorn Road came out at the top of Slumgullion Pass - the views there are spectactular!



This is Lake San Cristobal - taken from the top of the pass!   And this is the lake that we stayed at!


We stayed in a different place this year - kind of a rustic cabin type condo with a nice deck out front with benches to sit on!  Took the razor into Lake City for dinner at Packer Saloon and Cannibal Grill!  We had eaten here the last time and it was good!  You can sit outside which we did!

After a great nights' sleep we woke up to this!!  The ducks were fun to watch in the water and I didn't realize I was getting a reflection of the trees in the water until I looked at the photo!

Time to head up to Cinnamon and Engineer Pass!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Such great pictures!

DrKeppy said...

I absolutely love the photos on the road! So pretty there!

Sherry said...

Beautiful pictures!!