Monday, October 30, 2023

Cape Cod

 Our last couple days of vacation!  I'm starting to look forward to sleeping in my OWN bed - ha!  Switching beds all the time does get weary and sure does a number on my back!

We went out and got donuts for breakfast - yummy!!  And then fixed a picnic lunch to take with us on our exploration of Cape Cod!

It was a beautiful day out and the clouds were plentiful out at the beach!

It must have been still chilly out as I see we have jackets on - how soon we forget!!


I sure enjoyed seeing all the lighthouses - you couldn't get real close to this one but I still got a nice picture of it!


And I HAD to have a picture of these lighthouses which had been moved into a park like area - they're called the 3 Sisters!


We enjoyed our picnic lunch after a short hike and did one more stop at the beach!


At a lookout point - Eric and Hillary.


We picked up pizza for dinner that night and while Eric was getting it, I ran into a shop that Hillary had suggested to pick up an ornament - gosh that shop was nice and I could have spent a LONG time in there looking around!!  But found my ornament and that's all that matters!

Cards were on the docket for the evening which is always fun!  I slept much better the second night!  And the next morning it was time to grab some breakfast, pack up, and head back to their house so Glenn and I could head out to Portland for our flight the next morning!

It was a nice drive back to their place - we ate some lunch and packed up the large suitcases and soon headed out!  Made it back to Portland without too much traffic and checked into our hotel for the night!  We had leftover pizza from the night before so that was dinner!

I had to repack everything to get it all into 2 suitcases but that was no problem - I don't buy much - HA!

Got the rental car returned the next morning - the airport was quite busy and I had to settle for Starbucks coffee but hey, it was coffee!  It was nice that our flights were mostly on time!  Our layover was in Baltimore which made for a longer trip to Denver for our 2nd flight!  But all was good and it was nice to have Gary pick us up from the airport!

And here's my cute ornaments from the 4 states we visited - soon I'll be hanging them on the tree!

All in all it was one fantastic vacation - longer than anything we've taken together before (except for our annual Mexico trip south in winter) but I'm so glad we went and got to do as much as we did!

3 comments:

Teri said...

Love the ornaments. What a great trip!!

DrKeppy said...

I was hoping you would take a photo of the ornaments!! SO pretty! I'm so glad you had a great trip!

Jill said...

What an amazing trip! So glad you guys got to go!