Tuesday, August 10, 2010

North Pole Fun!

One of my fondest memories growing up is of the North Pole!! Mom and Dad used to take us kids there when we were little and I have a great pic of Patty, Teri and me standing next to Santa Claus!! I started Kindergarten the fall after we had been there and couldn't wait to get to school to tell everyone that Santa was REAL - I knew that because I had pulled on his beard and it didn't come off, therefore he HAD to be the real deal!! But one little girl just laughed at me and said that wasn't true at all - Santa was a made-up person and the one I had seen at the North Pole was just a fake - I was heartbroken - but I STILL believed in Santa Claus!!

Sunday was our day to go - Jaime, Rayna, Kylan, Glenn and I all met the Keppy's there and we headed in for some fun!! Rayna was excited to have Gary along this time as he rode all the "big" rides with her - you know the ones - they go round and round and up and down and just watching them makes your stomach turn over!!

Now my idea of a great ride is the picture below - nice and slow!!
Kenzie didn't really enjoy any of the rides too much so was content to be with Papa and ride in her stroller, although she did love the big slide!! She spent the day smiling and being cute!
I SO wanted to get a picture of everyone around the ice pole but of course that didn't happen - at least I got one of Jaime and Kylan!!

Can you believe it - there is actually a NEW ride!!! It's the cutest thing ever!! The kids sit in saddles with the name of the horse in front of you and the contraption goes up in the air and then bounces you back down, kind of like riding a horse! Evan looked so cute sitting there in his saddle!!

Here's a picture of Rayna as the ride is going up in the air!!

The little boys rode and rode rides with their favorites being the motorcycles and the cars!! We listened to the Christmas music being played, ate some popcorn, rode the ferris wheel and just had a great day with all the kids!! The weather actually cooperated and although it was cloudy (which was a GREAT relief from the hot sun), we only had a few drops of rain!!
I couldn't believe we lasted there almost 4 hours!!! That's right - we almost shut the place down!! Does that mean that next year we'll be there the ENTIRE day????

1 comment:

DrKeppy said...

Maybe one of these days we'll actually visit Santa while there! You got some cute pics - hooray for getting another great one of all of us!