Monday, August 30, 2010

What A Great Way To Spend...........

the last weekend in August!!! HOORAY - September is almost here - my FAVORITE month!!

I headed up to Ft. Collins after work on Friday!! Did I hit traffic again??? Absolutely - but I had my Subway sandwich to eat and great music playing so the trip wasn't bad at all!!

I was very surprised at how warm it still was when I arrived about 8:00 that night - and the hot weather continued throughout the weekend!! A whooping 97 degrees both days!!

Ah, it felt so good to sleep in - and little Aleah is ONE good sleeper at night - not a peep out of her! Saturday morning we drove to a spot to watch Robby fly his remote control airplane and that was fun to watch - I even captured his great landing on the movie camera! We stopped for coffee (yum) and glazed donuts on the way home!

Robby is starting Aleah early to help him in his business as the photo below shows!!


Jill and I went to a movie "Eat Pray Love" - want my honest opinion???? Don't bother to go - it was a slow, jumbled up movie that wasn't really worth watching - and it was LONG too!! But the popcorn was good!!
Robby and Jill went out to eat at The Outback that evening so Aleah and I played and played together - she's quite the little snuggler too at bedtime - you just put her blanket on your shoulder and she lays down her head and snuggles with you - ah, pure bliss!!
Sunday morning we did church - we dressed her in the cutest dress and while waiting to go, I pulled her around on her little horse!! She loved it!!
Here's Aleah all set to pray with Mom!

And we even did a little shopping on Sunday - I had to exchange a top at Kohl's and we hoped to find some bargains at Goodwill but that didn't happen!!
All too soon it was time to put Aleah down for her afternoon nap and time for me to hit the road!!

I always hate saying goodbye - especially when I know it's going to be another 6 weeks before I see Jill and Aleah!! But next up is fall - and that means it'll be time for the "Pumpkin Patch" event in Denver - more fun!!

2 comments:

Teri said...

She has gotten so big! Bet you just loved being there - makes me miss my little ones :(

DrKeppy said...

OH you got some great pictures of Aleah - she is SO cute!! You have yourself some really good looking granddaughters! :) Glad you had a good trip!