Thursday, August 12, 2010

REALLY???? It's Already Been A Year............

It just seems like a few months ago that I wrote about having my mammogram and my annual exam!! But it's been ONE ENTIRE YEAR!!! My oh my - this is getting scarey!! Life is passing by at such a fast rate that I can't keep up!!

Yes, yesterday was appointment day and once again, I took 1/2 day off and got both appointments taken care of in the morning - they went fine - and I believe I did the SAME thing I did LAST year inbetween the appointments - coffee and a pastry, waiting for the stores to open!! Talk about deja vu!!

I did mange to get to the eye glass place and get my glasses adjusted, along with a fruitful stop at Michael's!! You just CAN'T go into Michaels or Hobby Lobby without buying something it seems!!

************

I will actually be glad to have the kids back in school all over the nation because that will mean, the tourists will GO HOME!! You can't believe how crowded Woodland Park is on the weekends during the summer - it takes forever to just get through town and I'm really starting to tire of it! Not that I want summer to leave, just the tourists!!

************

Glenn went to the doctor too this week - his shoulder has been hurting him for months and months and it was time to get it checked out - he went to an orthopedic doctor where they did an x-ray and discovered the good news, that nothing was torn - but also the bad news that there is a lot of scar tissue and inflammation where the tendons attach to the bone! He did get a cortizone shot and will receive another in a month if the first one doesn't do the trick - and if the second one doesn't seem to help either, then he may need to have the surgery where they go in and clean out the scar tissue around the bone - time will tell...............

************

We've got another camping/atv trip planned this weekend - and before we know it, Labor Day weekend will be upon us and fall will arrive - sigh..................

3 comments:

DrKeppy said...

Are you sure a year went by?? That does seem fast! Glad you found some great deals at Michaels! Have fun camping

ahh bear said...

I've been missing your blog while on vacay - I'm all caught up now!!! Isn't it funny how quickly the days pass by?

Teri said...

I just got caught up too as babysitting took all my time last week. Sounds like you had a great time at the north pole - what fun. Jay and I can finally sit outside tonight - yeah!