Monday, April 11, 2011

Chubby Cheeks!!

After a good night's sleep at Jessi's house, we of course were woke up by the kids coming down to see us - it's one of their favorite things to do when we stay at their house since we sleep in the basement!

Jessi and Gary cooked us an awesome breakfast with the best pancakes!!! They make them from scratch and I definitely need that recipe!! Jessi and I headed out for Caribou Coffee and some garage sales - there weren't a lot since it's kind of early in the season but we found a couple of things and enjoyed our coffee as we drove around!! Check off ONE gift for Miss Kenzie's birthday in December!!

By 11:00 we were out the door and heading for Ft. Collins! It's sure a heck of a lot shorter to get there from Denver than from Florissant!!

As I expected, Parker has grown a LOT!! And it was so good to get him in my arms again - I have dubbed him chubby cheeks as he's got the fattest, cutest cheeks that you just have to smile at!!


Parker is all set to head out the door as Aleah went down for her nap so Jill and I decided to go shopping!! I needed to get a few things and wanted her advice for Easter gifts for all the grand kids!! We made about 4 stops and I accomplished all I needed too so we stopped at Panera Bread where I had a mango smoothie and Jill had a wild berry one - delicious!!!


Pizza on the grill was great for dinner!! Aleah and I had fun playing till it was bedtime!


It was cool out Sunday but the sun peeked out several times so that was nice!! Robby and Glenn were sent out to get me coffee and donuts for everyone else - yum!!! And then we went to a nearby park so Robby could fly his plane for Glenn - Jill and I brought the strollers and did a walk around the lake - by that time the wind had picked up and it was downright cold walking!!


Jill had ordered some items to put on Parker's wall so we grabbed the hammer and nails and soon it was all put up - his nursery is just darling with a Twinkle Twinkle Little Star theme!!


We worked with Robby on a website for Glenn's granite business!! I had spent several hours putting it all together and now Robby will actually DO the website!! I can't imagine Glenn getting any busier than he is now but a website just seems to be the thing to do these days!! One last picture before it was time to hit the road!!


Thanks everyone for a fantastic weekend!!

3 comments:

ahh bear said...

Oh - he's so cute! Now I want to see a pic of his nursery!

DrKeppy said...

You did make the rounds the weekend didn't you?? It was fun to see you and thanks again for the coffee!!

Teri said...

What a great weekend! I am so envious that you get to see your grandkids so often!