Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Sunday - Part Three

Easter morning - cinnamon rolls for breakfast - dressing in your Sunday best (at least SOME of us!!) - putting the ham in the oven - carrying up the Easter baskets from the basement and covering them with a blanket - driving to church with the heater on - and a great Easter message at church!!!

We had just started singing when it hit me - did anyone put water on the ham???? Why is it that these things just POP into your mind sometimes???? I knew Glenn had got the ham ready with the dry mustard and the brown sugar and I knew I had put it in the oven as soon as the cinnamon rolls came out!! So I poked Glenn and asked him if HE had put water on it - he said no - I said darn, and could just picture smoke rolling out of that oven with a dry ham in it now for a couple of hours!! So I found Jessi, explained the situation and Gary ran home to put some water on it - WHEW.........

The kids were all excited when we got home to see their Easter baskets!!



We attempted to take a few pictures and here's one of the "normal" ones that got taken - nobody paying attention - everyone making faces!!





And then it was outside to the egg hunt in Jessi's back yard!! Rayna opted to hide the eggs this year instead of hunting for them - guess she's growing up.................





After our delicious dinner, (we all contribute to the meal) and opening our discussion eggs (thanks to Jessi!!), the kids played for a while before naps!! We grabbed our cameras to get some pictures of cute little Parker, looking so handsome in his outfit!!



I guess I posted the wrong picture of Aleah and Parker - she was actually looking in the one I wanted - it's cute anyway!!


This has to be one of my favorite pictures - Robby sleeping away with all the little ones watching TV!!


Jill decided she wanted a picture of Parker in his Easter basket which did turn out cute!!


Jaime was holding Parker on the couch when he started smiling so sweet - I grabbed the camera and even though the lighting was bad as the shades were open, it still shows his cute smile!!



By late afternoon, it was time to head for home with smiles on our faces but tired bodies.....keeping up with 6 grandkids is NOT as easy as it sounds!!!

2 comments:

Teri said...

Tired but wonderful!

DrKeppy said...

Another great Easter!! We're getting really good at this!:)