Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Bear ALERT!

I was talking to Patty on the phone last night and Glenn came out of the office and said - "There's a bear on the deck!!" Sure enough, I raced over to the door and there was a bear, walking around the hot tub!!

He soon walked around the corner over to the bird feeder which is nailed to a post on the front deck - stood up (proably about 4 to 5 feet tall) and tried to tip over the feeder - bent the heck out of it of course!! We also noticed he had a tag on his ear!

I ran to my backpack to get the camera out (it was already packed for my trip) and attempted to take a picture - but it was almost dark and by the time I pushed down on the button, it took about 3 seconds to flash - just long enough for the bear to realize we were looking at him through the window and he fled - so of course I have a nice picture of the bird feeder but NO bear in the picture!!

I watched him run back by our grill and he CLIMBED over our deck railing!! I raced to the guest bedroom to try and get a picture of him before he sauntered off but again I was not successful!!

It probably is time to take the bird feeder off the post for awhile as I imagine he'll keep coming back - and I'm sure that I don't want to be sitting in the hot tub one night and have a bear roaming around!!

No comments: