Sunday, July 24, 2011

No Friday Night Blues For Us!

It's been many years since the 8 of us have partied BY OURSELVES - but by golly, this last Friday night a babysitter was hired for the 6 grand kids and we all headed to Stampede - a country western bar and dance place!

I LOVED the dance floor - it was a complete oval around the bar - and since that's how you dance country is round and round, it was perfect!!

The Keppy's and the Smith's went early to take dance lessons and they were all decked out in cowboy boots and hats! Now I have to admit, I USED to have cowboy boots (in fact, I had 2 pair of them) but after getting dusty in the closet for the last 15 years, I did get rid of them a long time ago!! But no matter, the sandals I wore worked just fine!

The 3 July Birthday Girls!!

What a bunch of good lookin' guys!!



Even though Glenn and I don't dance much except at wedding dances, we still know how to shake a leg and had a great time dancing around that awesome floor!!


Some of them played a little pool - and the girls did a great job doing the line dances!!


Around 10:00 the place really cleared out - how strange for a Friday night!! But that just meant there was all that much more room on the dance floor!!




All in all, it was one great night of fun!! We've decided we all want to do it again - but before that happens, I MUST learn a couple of the new line dances - the electric slide just doesn't cut it these days!! And Glenn and I want to re-learn the cha cha - a really neat dance if you know how to do it right!!!


Thanks kids for ONE FUN NIGHT!! It's pretty special when you can all have a night out together!

3 comments:

ahh bear said...

Oh my goodness - that looks like SO MUCH FUN!!!

Teri said...

What fun! Glad you got to spend it with all your grown children.

DrKeppy said...

It was fun! Glad you and Glenn still have some of your moves! Now if we could all learn that cha cha line dance....