Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas 2011

Friday was only a 1/2 day of work - naturally we weren't very busy at the office so spent most of our time packing up! And soon it was time to head out, pick up Glenn and head to Denver for the long weekend!!

The car was jam packed - Glenn had brought his ice fishing hut and equipment so the guys could go ice fishing and with all the presents, clothes and food, I had really wondered if it all would fit! It sure took a lot less time to unload the car than to load it!!

The guys headed out to ice fish - Jessi, the kids and I headed over to Jaime's and the girls decided to go shopping while Rayna watched the boys! We headed to Kohl's and each of us found a pair of black leggings and I also found a couple of long sweaters to go with them - only to find that when I got back home, one was flawed and had to be returned later!

By this time it was getting near dinnertime so we stopped at Wendy's to grab some burgers and fries to take home to the kids! Jessi and I headed back over to her house, along with Kylan who was going to spend the night!

There's just nothing cuter than seeing the kids ready for bed - possibly because that means there will be peace and quiet???



Jessi and I FINALLY got to sit down and watch a Christmas movie, my first one of the season! Don't ask me why I hadn't watched any before because I just don't know!! The guys were supposed to fish late but ended up coming home sooner than expected because they got cold! We didn't stay up very late because the next day had a long agenda attached to it!!

3 comments:

DrKeppy said...

Wow I thought you were going to do the whole weekend in one blog at first! The kids do look adorable in their jammies!! And the quiet is ALWAYS welcome! :)

ahh bear said...

I agree - bedtime is one of my favorite times! But I do love wake up time too because then I am refreshed enough to take it all on again! :)

Patty Jensen said...

Such cute kids (of course) reminded me of what we see around here :)