Thursday, December 8, 2011

Garlic Anyone?

When you're up at 6:00am and open your frig to get your juice out for the morning, you don't expect a strong marinade type smell to come streaming out of the frig!! At least I don't, especially when the ONLY thing you put in different after dinner was a covered container with some hash browns and sausage in it!!

OK - I DID buy a pork loin that was already marinating in a smoked apple wood sauce!! But I checked it and there was no hole in the package and it didn't smell - hmmmmmmmm - I stuck it in a ziploc anyway.........and proceeded to exercise!

Glenn came down a while later - opened up the frig and started complaining about the smell - I told him I had no idea what it was so he started looking through it all. And he found the culprit!!

GARLIC!!! I buy the glass jar that has the fresh minced garlic in it and I had used it on the hash browns for dinner. And put it away in the same spot I always do - BUT - because I usually buy the small jar and it's stored in the side of the frig, the last time I went to the store they did not have the small jar and I had to buy the large one - which did NOT fit sitting straight up like the little one did - so I put it on its' side..........and it leaked...........and it smells.............

I scrubbed the shelf down, I scrubbed the garlic jar down, and then I had to suds up the dish rag because IT smelled like garlic!!! And when I was showering, my hands had to have MORE soap on them because they STILL smelled!!

I'm hoping when I go home tonight that my house doesn't smell like a garlic clove - and that the cup of coffee grounds and the new soda box have taken the smell out of the frig - and if it hasn't? OH well, everyone will just think I'm one FANTASTIC ITALIAN CHEF!!

3 comments:

Teri said...

Garlic should smell goooood! But it is no fun when it leaks!

DrKeppy said...

Ugh! I only love the smell of garlic when you are SUPPOSED to be smelling it! Hopefully as is well now!!

Patty Jensen said...

Ha I hadn't read this story - that is funny and sounds like something I would do too - yes hopefully the smell is gone!!