Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas Get Together #1

The Christmas Festivities have begun!!

I'm blessed to have so many dear friends that I get together with at Christmas!! And I have many great friends afar that I SO enjoy hearing from at Christmas too!!

Friday afternoon after work Joleen and I headed to Brenda's Boutique, a new consignment shop in town - we walked in and who was working but another good friend, Karen!! We looked around and decided we had to come back at another time to try some clothes on since the store was closing by 5:00! After a quick stop at Walmart, we headed to Wines of Colorado!

This place is one of my favorite places to eat! It was all decked out in Christmas attire and soon we were wine tasting at the cute little bar section!! I wasn't finding what I wanted till the guy suggested I try some of their hot spiced wine - oh my, no doubt in my mind that's what I was going to drink - it was wonderful!!

We had a delicious meal and were just talking away when we happened to look at the time! WOW - where had the last hour and a half gone?? We quickly opened our gifts to each other, paid the bill and headed out the door!

We raced back up to Woodland Park and headed to church as we were attending the Christmas program there, On The Home Front! It was a great production set back during World War II and we honored the veterans in the audience after the performance

It was one crisp, cold night as we walked back to our cars, definitely in the holiday spirit!

3 comments:

Teri said...

Sounds like a wonderful start to the holiday celebrations!

Patty Jensen said...

How fun - love the Wines of CO too!

DrKeppy said...

LOVE that place! Did you use your Groupon?? Good friends are the best gift ever! :)