Friday, December 9, 2011

Weekly Recap

December is busy - always has been, always will be!!! All those extra things like putting out the Christmas decorations, baking, mailing Christmas cards, shopping and wrapping gifts - well, they just take time, lots of time!!


I'm usually ahead of the game as I'm so darn organized!! And I'm not doing too badly this year but still have this "hurry, get it done" feeling every day that I get home from work!! Of course it doesn't help that it's DARK 2 minutes after I walk in the door either - I do much better at getting my lists done when it's light outside!!


I have one more shopping day ahead of me to finish up!! And then there is the never ending pile of gifts to wrap!!! But I TOTALLY enjoy it because I always have the Christmas lights on, the Christmas music blaring and hot apple cider to sip while I wrap!!


Poor Glenn is not feeling well at all - it started out as a bad sore throat and now has moved somewhat to his chest - he definitely sounds like he sings bass now!!! He made the comment when he got up this morning that he wouldn't be talking much at work!! Now that will be a REAL switch for him!!


And work??? We started packing up the office on Friday - boy, was that weird!!! Sorting through drawers, throwing away an endless supply of stuff that Gary no longer needs, deciding who wanted what and such - gosh, it IS coming to an end!! We also mailed out the "retirement" letters on Thursday so on Friday the calls started coming in!! I'm sure there will be a lot more on Monday............


Somehow this didn't get posted on Friday like I had planned so now it is Sunday night - the shopping is basically done AND wrapped, 6 loaves of pumpkin bread are in the freezer, the house is clean due to company on Saturday night and I'm ready to sit down with a glass of wine and some cracker mix.........relaxation comes at a price sometimes............

4 comments:

Teri said...

I know what you mean with that 'hurry up' feeling. I am almost done and should have plenty of time to finish but just want to be totally done!

Patty Jensen said...

And I am just starting everything - oh well I have lots of patience this year :)

ahh bear said...

I agree - December IS busy! I love the idea that you have 6 loaves of pumpkin bread in the freezer! I made two loaves the other week and put one in the freezer. I'm excited to get it out for us to eat for breakfasts. The kids love it and when I pair it with a banana and milk - such a good idea!

DrKeppy said...

I forgot to comment!! Mmmm I LOVE your pumpkin bread - can't wait to have some! That is one of those things I just would rather not bake and eat YOURS!