Sunday, February 5, 2012

Cabin Fever

Day #4 spent at home - YES, I'm getting cabin fever!! But it's not totally due to the snow......

Last Wednesday evening we took a crockpot meal over to Joleen's and ate with her while Glenn put up the last 2 of her blinds!! I could feel a sore throat coming on and sure enough, I woke up Thursday morning and could hardly swallow!! The nice thing was knowing I didn't HAVE to go into work!! And I spent the day gargling with salt water and reading a book - that's it!!!

And then about 6:00pm on Thursday night the snow started..................and that's when Jill called and cancelled Parker's 1st birthday party which was to be held on Saturday! Bummer - we had a full weekend planned - stop in at my old boss's surprise retirement party on Friday late afternoon before heading up to Denver - spending the night at Jaime's and her and I going to our llaser appts. early Sat. morning (a birthday gift to me from Jaime - having laser treatments to remove the hair above my lips) and then grabbing some Caribou Coffee and heading to Jessi's for a little bit to drop off some things and then the trek to Ft. Collins for the rest of the weekend!!

The weather was BAD - so it was a good thing that Jill cancelled and we didn't try to head up to Denver on Friday - and besides that, I was still sick!!

Glenn even took a snow day on Friday and spent the day at home - I'm not sure how much snow we actually got because we had so much wind with it but probably 8 to 10 inches that stuck around!! My throat felt a little better but now it was moving to a head cold!!

Saturday - I actually felt GOOD in the morning and then went downhill as the day went on - the horrible runny nose and head pressure started in and by evening I didn't feel good at all!!

And now it's Sunday morning and I had really hoped to go to church - but that's not going to happen because I surely don't need to sneeze and blow my nose around all those other people!! So once again, I'm spending the day at home - with my kleenex box and my hot apple cider!! I'm telling myself that I WILL go into work tomorrow and feel better - surely all this sleep I'm getting and down time will make me better faster!! One can only hope........................

3 comments:

Patty Jensen said...

I am so sorry you are feeling so rotten - keep doing the home remedy stuff and get well!!

Teri said...

Hope you are feeling better! We have no snow left here - don't really miss it either!

DrKeppy said...

I'm late to commenting on this but know that you are in fact better so yippee!! :)