Friday, February 24, 2012

Manzanillo Mexico - #2

It's amazing what a good nights' sleep does for the body!! I'm not sure I moved at all sleeping in that huge king sized bed covered with pure white bedding! I was anxious to try out the shower but knowing we were heading out in the sun I chose to wait..............But let me tell you, this resort has the HOTTEST water I have EVER felt in Mexico!!

Glenn and I headed to the buffet for breakfast and were pleasantly surprised at all the options - there's nothing like starting out the morning with a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice! And it only got better from there!!

We changed into our swimsuits and headed to the pools, only to find that most of the chairs were saved - the beach was the next option and we stretched out on our chairs in the sand and relaxed!! After a while, the intense heat started getting to me so I chose to head up to the pools to find a lone chair where there was more of a breeze - and I found just that in one of the "adult" pools!! Right after I sat down, this iguana walked by on the stone wall behind me!

The resort was beautiful!! It was fun to just walk around and snap pictures, check out the Premium Club to see what new items to eat were there, make reservations for our dinners and of course visiting with other people!


We all sipped drinks brought by the waiters and enjoyed as much sun as we could stand that day!!



Our dinner reservation that evening was at the Mexican Specialty restaurant where reservations are required and a dress code is enforced!! It's always fun to dress up a few times and we enjoyed sitting in the lobby visiting and having drinks!





The Mexican restaurant was perched almost over the water at one corner of the resort - I was supposed to have a picture of it inserted here but somehow it didn't post so I'll post it later!! It was a truly romantic spot and turned out to be our favorite place to eat! For an appetizer, I chose a halved avocado topped with shrimp in a creamy sauce and decorated with lettuce strands, surrounded by thinly sliced tomatoes with a baked cheese on top - it was DELICIOUS!


Their creamy shrimp soup was delicious, along with the entree I chose which was some type of chicken! It was a tough choice for dessert but I ended up getting the vanilla and caramel ice cream served in a delicate pastry shell, surrounded by chocolate!


We ended the evening watching the end portion of the onstage dancers that were performing at the outdoor theatre! They were fantastic and Patty and I wished we could have seen the entire production! Another day in paradise draws to an end............To Be Cont'd...........

2 comments:

DrKeppy said...

Mmm I love that you take pictures of your food - all sounds delicious! What a gorgeous resort!!

Patty Jensen said...

Didn't we do the disco Sat night after the Mexican supper?? I thought we did but the time flew there and so who knows - yes I love your food pics - I need to take more of them :)