Thursday, September 27, 2012

Aspens, Aspens Everywhere!!

Sunday morning was gorgeous!  It's strange waking up and it's light outside, but there's no sun for a while - it takes a long time for it to get up over the mountain!
 
We opted to go downtown for breakfast at a cute place that had great reviews and they were right on - it was delicious!!  After a leisurely walk on the River Walk, we packed up and headed out!
 
We stopped in Montrose so I could run in and get some coffee - a cute, cute place and extremely busy which led me to believe that Montrose needs ANOTHER coffee place!!
 
Soon we arrived at Sargeant's, Glenn's usual hunting place, and we unloaded the ATV and were off!!  We both knew the aspens would be abundant here as we have ATV'd this area several times and every time we drove through these miles and miles of aspen trees, I would tell Glenn that I bet it would be beautiful in the fall - trust me, it WAS!!!
 
We rode around for about 3 hours - 3 hours of seeing the most aspens I've ever seen at one time!!  I just couldn't stop snapping pictures!!

Because Blogger completely switched my pictures around, these next 2 of the orange aspens were supposed to be at the end because they are actually on Monarch Pass - we stopped on the way home as we were heading up the pass as I just had to have pictures of them!


This is where we stopped for lunch!  I love the white, white bark of the aspens over in this area and sometimes, the trunks have strange formations!

Relaxing at lunchtime while Glenn went on down over the hill - I chose to just sit and have the aspen leaves fall on me when the wind would come up - it was heavenly just sitting there in nature!

Pictures just don't do justice to the large aspen groves!

This is one of my favorite pics I took and after I find a neat frame, it's going to get enlarged, along with a couple of others for the office!


All in all, one great fall weekend trip!!  And there's always this weekend to look forward to as we head to Cripple Creek with friends' for a nights stay........so stay tuned!

2 comments:

Teri said...

WOW just beautiful!

DrKeppy said...

Wow you got some amazing pictures! The one of the path reminds me of the hike we did when I was preggo with Mackenzie! I LOVE when there is orange in with all the gold!