Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Labor Day Continued............

Did I sleep good the night before due to all the solar lights that I had staked outside or could it have been the full moon lighting up the sky or maybe because it was REALLY cold and I was all huddled down in the covers?   Probably a combination of all of it that made the first nights sleep so good but the second night - not so good - I think I just was too sore from all of that bouncing and then there was one of those awful headaches...............I was almost glad that morning came because once I was up and about, I felt fine!!
 
We decided to do EASY trails today - and we headed over to the other side of the highway and did some of those trails!  Even though it looks like Glenn is going to open the gate (there was a series of 4 gates you had to open and close to get to this particular trail) the picture doesn't show the 3 gates that I opened and closed!!!
 
We rode by some beautiful streams during the course of the day!

And also had some awesome views of Taylor Reservoir from the top!!

Even though none of the pictures show it, we did see quite a few trees that were starting to change color - in fact there was one section that was completely turned - I'm ready to see more of those golden aspen trees!

But we did take a wrong turn - I've never known Glenn to be somewhat lost on a trail and we could NOT find the one we were looking for - we found several others of course but never the one we wanted!  In fact, one of the trails looked rather steep but we started in and it was an extremely poor trail with lots of loose gravel and seemed to go straight up!!!  I finally got off and told Glenn I would walk the rest of the way up and he hit it hard to even get up the trail - scary!!!  And here I thought I was DONE with treacherous trails!!!  I had to climb up the rest of the way - and it was so steep and high that for every 4 steps I took, I had to stop and rest to catch my breath!!!  I'm even in 1/2 way decent shape!!!  I FINALLY made it to the top and we were sure glad to see the better trail right below us!!

One large section had been cut we assume by the forest service and it made for a neat picture!

All in all, a pretty fun day except for the one steep trail and we enjoyed seeing some new country and riding around on some nice easy trails!!!

I always try and take a picture of our campsite so I can remember where we were at!!  And it's always fun to scout out new ones for the next time we come back!!  It was a great Labor Day Weekend!!!


3 comments:

DrKeppy said...

Looks like the perfect camping spot! Sorry you didn't sleep well but at least you felt better when you woke up!!

Teri said...

Sounds wonderful! How nice to get out and relax.

Patty Jensen said...

Neat pics and wonderful scenary!!!