Wednesday, September 12, 2012

September Means HUNTING!


Blogger is NOT being friendly today and letting me post above this picture - but I have much more pressing matters today so I'll let it pass!!

This is one of Glenn's flowers he planted from seed and it has finally bloomed in the pot on the deck!  I'm not sure what the actual name is but I love it and I hope it will last awhile!!

Hunting season for Glenn started last Saturday!  Bob always comes out from Nevada to hunt and this year he brought his wife Jeanine to stay with me!  And even though Bob and Glenn have hunted the last 15 years together, I have never even MET Jeanine!  Pretty strange, considering the fact that she grew up in the Soldier/Moorhead area (even though she is older than me), her sister Judy and my sister Patty were BEST friends in high school and I used to run around with both of them AND the fact that Glenn's sister is married to Jeanine's brother!!!  So she's almost family, don't you think?

Anyway, Bob and Jeanine arrived last Thursday and as soon as I met her, I KNEW we were going to get along just great!!!  The guys left Friday morning, I headed into the office and Jeanine had the house to herself!!

We've had a great time together - she loves playing games and I introduced her to Bananagrams - I can't tell you how many games we've played but it's been a lot!!!  She's also a cribbage player, loves to read and watch TV so MY kind of person!!

Saturday we met Joleen for coffee and then headed into the city-wide garage sale!!  I ended up buying quite a few books and 2 humidifiers so I should be set for the winter!  We went to quite a few more garage sales that day and all had lunch together!  Jeanine and I headed downtown for a little shopping and then went to see the movie "Hope Springs" - we both loved it!!

Jeanine likes wine and I had this email from someone that had suggestions for advice in the kitchen and one of them we decided to try - freezing grapes to put into your wine glass to chill the wine a little bit without getting it watery!!  It's not only a great idea, but it looks so pretty!

Between heading into the office some to take care of business, Jeanine and I are having lots of fun together talking and just enjoying each others' company!  And Tuesday, the guys came in for a break - but more on that in the next blog!!

2 comments:

DrKeppy said...

I had no idea there were so many connections between you and Jeanine! How cool is that! You know I'm totally jealous of all the bananagrams you have been playing!!!

Teri said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!