Thursday, January 10, 2013

A Babysitting Weekend

Blogger, I am NOT happy with you!  I am a simple person who only knows ONE way to blog and when you change and delete part of that, I am lost!  Jessi suggested I post pictures through the HTML part so that's what I did - and look at the results below!!  ALL of my pictures are hooked together and I have no idea how to get them apart............PLEASE go back to your original way of posting pictures!!
 
And now I just discovered that I can't write BELOW the pictures - irritation is mounting - frustration is rampant!!
 
OK - so all of my text will be above the pictures now!!
 
Jessi and Gary flew to Las Vegas for a 3 nights stay and I was more than happy to drive up and babysit - as it turns out, Jaime needed me too!!  And it was one whirlwind weekend!
 
THE SCHEDULE
 
Saturday - Arrive at Jaime's where Evan and Kenzie were at since they had been dropped off earlier - (NOTE:  I did stop in advance and get Caribou Coffee!!!)  Glenn arrives mid-afternoon (he had driven up separately to go ice fishing) - Jaime and I leave for my second to the last laser treatment.  Jaime and Rayna then head to Ft. Collins to spend the night with Jill since Rayna's volleyball tournament is in Windsor and they have to be there VERY early.  I stay at Jaime's with Kylan, Evan and Kenzie.
 
Sunday - Glenn goes ice fishing - the 3 kids and I head to Jessi's house after breakfast for a change of scenery - then it's off to their first basketball practice for the 2 boys - evaluation day to see what skills they have and what team they should be placed on - Kenzie and I end up moving around the gym to watch them carrying 4 coats, 3 water bottles, a purse and pom poms.  It was crazy fun watching the boys try to shoot baskets and dribble!  An exhausting hour for me!!  Then it's back to Jaime's for rest time (especially me).  Jaime keeps texting me that the tournament is lasting longer than normal and to keep feeding the kids snacks - we are to meet at CiCi's pizza for dinner that night!
 
I'm on the computer and hear this strange sound and I'm thinking that Kenzie is choking to death and I don't know CPR - I rush out of the office and see Cica (the cat) puking all over the wood floor - lovely - I didn't sign up for cleaning up cat puke but of course I do it!  Then I discover that Ebby, one of the dogs, is nowhere to be found - we search the house, the yard and I'm in a panic - but find Ebby in the garage who had went in through the dog run and since the dog door was open, she was just hanging out (luckily the bag of trash was still in one piece!!!).  I decide to go ahead and get the dogs fed late afternoon and now Aspen, the other dog, is missing!!!  What is this - Hide and Seek?????  Once again I search the house and the yard and of course guess where Apsen is:  the same place as Ebby was - in the garage through the dog gate that I HAD NOT thought to shut, but this time the trash bag is ALL OVER THE GARAGE!!  Ok - am I babysitting animals or kids here????  Of course I pick up the trash and wonder what the dog has eaten since he won't eat any of his dinner - maybe because I yelled at him????
 
Jaime FINALLY calls and it's time to head to CiCi's Pizza - only by this time I am crabby and tired and the kids are full of snacks.............Jaime is tired from sitting at the game all day and Rayna is depressed because her team didn't do that well - not one of our best times to eat pizza!!!
 
Monday - Jaime has to be at the pharmacy at 6:00am for inventory so we all stay there again that night and I have to get all 4 kids up and ready and out the door by 7:45 to drop Rayna and Kylan off at school - how did I EVER do it when our girls were little????  But I managed and they weren't late!!  After that, we headed to Jessi's house to FINALLY stay there!!  I cleaned some of Jessi's house for her and then it was time to take Evan to school - getting kids in and out of car seats and boosters is definitely for the YOUNGER set!!!
 
Then it was back to Jaime's to pick her up and head to Kohl's for a few minutes - yogurt was next on the list - YUMMY!!!!  After Kenzie and I arrived back at their house, I actually sat down and read while Kenzie rested - and then a friend brought Evan home from school and we had a nice relaxing evening!!
 
Tuesday - After sitting in Jessi's WONDERFUL massage chair the night before, I was all rested up and took Kenzie to pre-school and then dropped Evan off at Jaime's so I could head back to work!!  I think I'm STILL catching up from the whirlwind weekend!!  But it was great to be able to help out both girls!!
 
 

4 comments:

Jill said...

WOW, you were BUSY!

Teri said...

I'm tired just reading it. Always something happens - at least all the kids came through it safe and sound!

DrKeppy said...

Thank you thank you thank you! It was SO nice to not have to worry a bit about the kids while we were gone!!! You are THE BEST!! And coming home to a clean house was like icing on the cake!!!!! :)

Patty Jensen said...

Isn't it great being a grandma???? What a weekend you had - loved the puking story - haha :)