Monday, January 21, 2013

A Journey Up North

56 degrees in Ft. Collins - wow -  not too bad for January!!  It was nice enough for the kids to play outside and to go to the park on Saturday - that was fun!!

We headed up early Friday afternoon for a weekend of grand kids and ice fishing for Glenn!  It was fun to beat Jill home from work and I got some one on one time with the little ones while Robby ran some errands and Glenn headed to the lake!

Jill made a great dinner of BBQ pulled pork sandwiches and we spent the evening watching TV after the kiddos were in bed!

I forgot to turn down the volume on my phone when I set the alarm for Glenn - 5:00am came blasting out Grenade - luckily I got to roll over and go back to sleep while Glenn and Robby headed out to ice fish and didn't return till 7:30 that night - they had a great time and caught a few fish!

Jill and I enjoyed the day together - shoe shopping was first on the agenda and I found a cute pair but they didn't have it in my size - they'll be shipped next week!!  We headed to Panera Bread next for smoothies and bagels - yum - and then stopped at a park on the way home so the kids could run around for a while!
 
The kids love to help Jill cook in the kitchen - check out their cute aprons!!



The kids were mighty glad to see Glenn when he got in from ice fishing!  After bedtime for the little ones, we watched one of my all time favorite movies, The Italian Job!!!  They just don't make 'em like that anymore...........

Glenn got up early again to go ice fishing on Sunday - Aleah was up early and promptly came to the basement where I was sleeping and announced "I have all my things Nana" (blanket, pillow, and Jill's IPhone) - she crawled up in bed with me and proceeded to play a game on the IPhone until I was ready to get up - Jill has trained her well!!

Sunday was girls day!!  Jill and I left the house about 10 and headed to a new bakery where we shared a bagel and I had a peppermint mocha - delicious!!  After getting candy bars and water, we headed to the movie theatre and saw "Silver Linings Playbook" - I see it's up for several Oscar awards!!  I RARELY have seen many movies that make that list but at least I can say I've seen one of them now!  The movie was good - probably not great - and dealt with mental issues!!  I did enjoy the fact that Jennifer Lawrence from The Hunger Games played in it and she dad a wonderful job!!

Then it was off to Kohl's where I found a new cute tank top for Mexico and then to Jill's gently used clothes store - I ALWAYS seem to find something there and this time was no exception!!  A cute pair of long shorts and 4 more tops for spring!!  All in all, a total of $56.00 spent for the 6 items - not too bad!!

And then it was time to head back home.................
The drive wasn't bad at all - but what we found when we got home made neither of us happy - frozen water pipes...........one of the heat tapes had quit working..............so guess what our project is for tonight after work???????? (Good thing I had showered that morning and washed my hair!!)

Thanks Jill and Robby for a fun weekend!!

2 comments:

Teri said...

So fun! And so nice to get to spend more time with your grandchildren!

DrKeppy said...

Glad you had a great weekend - looks like you had lots of fun!! They are SO darn cute!!! And huge bummer on the pipes :(