Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year - 2013

WHAT:  New Year's Eve Party with Martin and Joleen
 
WHEN:  Sunday, Dec. 30 for 2 nights
 
WHERE:  Deer Valley Ranch, Buena Vista, CO
 
TIME:  2:00 check in time (so the guys can watch the Broncos game)
 
DIRECTIONS:  Drive to Mt. Princeton Hot Springs and the ranch is located a mile or so past it
 
COST:  $115.00 per night plus tax for the cabin - included is 4 passes to the Hot Springs
 
What a bargain - What a cabin - What a view!!!!
 
The 4 of us checked into our cabin - OURAY - and were more than surprised at how cute the cabin was!!  Because we booked late, we weren't able to book the "deluxe" cabin so just had a regular cabin and we ended up liking it better than the deluxe one!!

There were lots of windows by the table and because it snowed several times, it was beautiful just watching the landscape change as the snow piled up!!

We used the fireplace ALL the time - there was  plenty of wood right outside the slider doors and boy did that heat feel good!!

Our view - doesn't get much better than that!!

The guys headed down to the Mt Princeton bar so they could watch the Broncos game with beers in hand!!  There are no TV's in the cabins but there is a large lodge where there is a tv you could watch!  Joleen and I spent the afternoon relaxing in front of the fireplace with a glass of wine and me, a book in hand!!!  I LOVED it!!!

Papa Murphy's pizza for dinner that night - we brought all our own food and drink so we didn't have to get out if we didn't want to!!  Between all the games I brought and great IPOD music, we had a wonderful time that evening!!!

Our bedroom had a fireplace in it!!  Plenty of space and updated bathrooms for a cabin that was built in the 50's - not a complaint at all about the cabin!!   These deer strolled by on Monday morning!

The cabin is kind of built into a side hill so the view out our bedroom window was almost at ground height and I caught this deer checking me out!!

Glenn cooked us a great breakfast and then we headed down to Mt. Princeton - these hot springs are wonderful and they've done a lot of work around them the last few years!  We crawled down the rocks into the stream below and lounged in the hot river for a LONG time - SO RELAXING!!!  After a dip in the actual hot swimming pool, it was back to the cabin to relax...........

The guys napped in preparation for the LONG night ahead - we told them we all needed to stay up till midnight but it seems to get harder and harder each year!!!  Joleen brought lasagna, bread and salad for our evening meal and after walking over to the lodge and watching some tv, we came back to the cabin for games!!  I'm not sure what Glenn is looking at???

We made it till midnight - but just barely!!!  Our game of Phase 10 lasted till 11:45 and by that time, we decided we could make it another 15 minutes!!  It seems so unclimatic at 12:00 to say Happy New Year - give a hug and a kiss and then head to bed!!  Oh well............

One funny story - I have a 3 drawer plastic storage unit in my closet that is full of "extra" supplies and in the bottom drawer I keep extra bottles of lotion, shampoo, makeup stuff, etc.  I decided I needed a full bottle of lotion to take with us so grabbed one to put in the bag!  The first time I used it I couldn't believe how sticky it felt!  I just kept rubbing it in and then it seemed to be OK - after a couple of times using it, I decided maybe the oils in the lotion had come to the top and it needed to be shaken up a little bit (it was a vanilla scented bottle from Avon) - so I shook it up a little bit and it still didn't seem any less sticky.  And then I figured maybe it was old - who knows how long it had been in the bottom drawer - so I grabbed it to try and find a date and guess what - it wasn't lotion at all - it was shampoo........oh my..............

One final parting shot (taken during the evening and snowy time) - what a great time we had and what a wonderful place to stay!!  I want to go back in the spring or fall and stay a few days - if you're ever in the area, stop by and check it out - I think you'll love it as much as we did!!


2 comments:

Teri said...

That sounds wonderful! What a great way to greet the new year. We had a couple of friends over and just relaxed. Now back to work!

Patty Jensen said...

Your cabin was awesome and the scenary and the deer pics - double awesome - I want to go there!!!