Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Cold Days = MORE CHOCOLATE!

 What's this that was delivered by overnight Fed Ex today?  Who sent me this box?  Of COURSE there's a story behind it............

Before Christmas, I received an email from Living Social (where I tend to buy a lot of things 1/2 price or more) stating that because I was such a good client, they were giving me $20.00 to spend on a special!!  Great!  But I only had about 3 weeks before the coupon expired so I knew I'd have to find something quickly!!  I waited and waited and NOTHING caught my eye - I didn't need boxing lessons or my furnace cleaned or my nails done...............And then 2 days before it was going to expire, Shari's Berries popped up!

It was a place to order GOURMET chocolate covered strawberries!!  Right down my alley!!  SO I checked out the website and was dumbfounded at the prices - regular price of 12 chocolate covered strawberries was $40.00!!!!  CAN YOU IMAGINE PAYING THAT?????  But that particular one was on sale 1/2 price for $20.00 - that sounded more like it and I knew I would just have to pay a few dollars for shipping and handling!

So I fill it all out online and then get to the final page where the shipping charge is - you guessed it - $12.97 to ship them (of course at the time I didn't think about the box being shipped overnight as it's fresh food!!!)  But what the heck - I figured I deserved them and even wrote a little card to myself to enjoy them - ha ha!!

They arrived today - in a large well packaged box - with ice packs on them to keep them cold - actually I think they were almost frozen because of our extremely cold weather!!  Take a peek at them!
Have I tried one?  ABSOLUTELY - one of the dark chocolate ones - and it was delicious!!!  And I plan on eating at least one more today since the brochure said to eat them in the next 48 hours - let's see, 12 divided by 4 days equals 3 a day - although I SUPPOSE I'll have to allow Glenn to eat a couple of them...........Boy, do I feel special!!!!!

3 comments:

Jill said...

You should feel special, you ARE!

DrKeppy said...

YUM! I tried one of those (or something similiar, they looked exactly like those though!) at Courtney's neighbor's open house and WOW it was amazing!!! What a special treat!!! You absolutely deserved it!

Patty Jensen said...

Oh wow Becky - what a neat deal even if you had to pay s&h!!! And yes you deserve it - we all do - send me some - haha!!! ENJOY!!!