Sunday, January 27, 2013

Who's Turning 40?

It's certainly not one of these darling girls!!  But they sure dressed for the occasion - do you suppose their moms planned this? 

Is it one of these???  Wrong again....all 3 of them are creeping up that 30's ladder but they're still quite a ways away!!!!

So it must be none other than Brad who is celebrating his 40th birthday!!

Jaime threw one heck of a party on Saturday night and the entire family was there in full force!!  We ate - we drank - we laughed - and we had cake!!!  What a fun night!!!  Even Rayna and friend Kealy were goofy as ever!!

But to back up things a bit, I have to tell you that we made a new purchase on Friday night before we headed to Denver - after sleeping in a waterbed for 37 years, I decided I was ready for a regular bed!!  So we stopped at Denver Mattress in the Springs first and bought a bed!!  I'm pretty excited about it and can't wait to have Glenn pick it up so we can sleep on it!  But first that means buying a set of sheets, an electric blanket and a new comforter - MORE SHOPPING!!!

Sat. morning I had my last laser appointment in Denver - thanks again to Jaime for giving me that wonderful b'day gift - no more unsightly hair on my upper lip!!

After some shoe shopping with Jessi and a little help for Jaime on the party, Saturday night arrived and the party was on!!!

But there was to be little sleep because Sunday morning we were out the door by 7:30 to head to Rayna's volleyball tournament!!  It was great to see her play and I wished I would have snapped a picture of her but I didn't.............

And then we left the tournament early to head to the boys' basketball game!!  We all laughed and giggled watching them play - little 5 year old boys are fun to watch - some of them got the basketball and would forget to dribble so they would just run with the ball - and most of them aren't sure of the rules yet!!

I'm glad we got to see them play as their season is pretty short and we probably won't get to see another one!!

You would think after this busy, busy weekend we would head home but oh no, one more stop!!!  We have never been to the new IKEA store in Denver so after the game we headed there with Gary, Jessi and the kids - WOW -  Glenn and I were both amazed at the size of the store and everything in it!!  What a cool place!!  We picked up a few small items and then ended the day with cinnamon rolls which smell SO GOOD that you just have to eat one!! 

It sure seemed like a long drive home...........and I'm sure tomorrow will come way too early!!!

1 comment:

Teri said...

What a great weekendI I love IKEA stores - they have such great little products. We love their kitchen knives - very sharp. I hope you like your new bed!