Thursday, September 17, 2015

I LOVE Lake City

Bright and early Sunday morning we headed out to Lake City - not quite as early as I wanted since the car had a dead battery.................Glenn had worked on the trailer lights Sat. night and must have left something on in the car!

As usual, I had packed enough food and clothes for a week, even though we were only staying 3 nights - but hey, I would rather have TOO much than not enough!

We stopped in Gunnison and ate at Glenn's favorite place for breakfast - it was his turn to pick since the last time we stopped, I picked the crepe place.  But since the crepe place (and coffee place too) is right next door, I did get to grab a cup of coffee for the road!

No trip is complete without some type of a "business" stop!!  This time it was to meet the guy who had bought the backhoe and forgot to take some heavy, long iron contraption that went with it!!  He was from the other side of the state but was heading to Gunnison for some reason so we met him by the lake and delivered the iron piece!

As we got closer to Lake City, I could tell that a lot of the aspens were light green and not completely changed - darn - it's really hard to predict when peak season will be in Sept!!  Usually over that way they are a couple of weeks ahead of us so I booked our cabin early, thinking we would hit peak - but it wasn't to be this year!  Needless to say, the leaves were STILL gorgeous, even though they all hadn't turned yet!!

We arrived in Lake City about 12:30 and our check in time at the cabin was 4:00!!  Our plan was to ATV Engineer Pass that afternoon since we had to trailer the ATV anyway.  But Glenn realized on the way over that the Broncos were playing that afternoon so could I PLEASE call and see if we could get into the cabin early so he could watch the game?  And luck was with us as the cabin was ready and the gal met us out at the lake to open it up!

 It was a great cabin!!  Plenty of room for us and all the things we needed were stocked in this cute little cabin!  There were even 2 bedrooms so if someone wants to join us next year, let me know!!


 There was a large porch out front where I spent the afternoon with a good book, a wine cooler and chips!  And Glenn watched the Broncos game - I think I enjoyed my day more than him!

Before we cooked dinner that night, we walked down to the lake - it was beautiful!!

 And after dinner we went for a ride on the ATV - we took the back way around the lake and decided we were ready for the next day's journey to Cinnamon Pass!!

Glenn grilled hamburgers for dinner that night - it's amazing how good everything tastes when you're on a trip!!  To Be Cont'd......................

1 comment:

Teri said...

Looks lovely. So glad you finally got out to enjoy yourselves!