Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Labor Day Weekend

As I watched the campers, trailers, ATV's and motorcycles go by on HWY 24 all day on Friday, I reminisced about all of the 3 day weekends we used to take with the camper and ATV.  But I secretly smiled because I knew how busy every place would be and since we're retired, we no longer have to do those weekend camping trips, even though we didn't get to go any place this summer!!

HOWEVER - we are both excited because next Sunday we are heading to Lake City (my favorite place in the state!!) to stay in a cabin by a lake for 3 nights and ATV a couple of passes (easy ones as Glenn is still healing).  I'm hoping it will be peak season in that area as they're always ahead on the changing leaves!!  Glenn is putting 4 new tires on the ATV and also installing the heated grips that I got him last year for Christmas!  I'm making the menus and the regular list for everything we need to take!!  I CAN'T WAIT!!

In the meantime however, Jessi, Gary and the kids came down for a short weekend!!  Gary was called into work on Friday, his day off, but they still made it down later on Friday night - at least they missed most of the traffic!!

Glenn, Gary and Evan left Saturday morning for a day of rock hounding!  They packed a lunch to take and we girls just hung out all day!!  I loved Gwyn's blue dress that showed off her blue eyes!!

 The guys missed Happy Hour - we didn't!!

 Late Saturday afternoon we started dancing around - Jessi had just fed Gwyn not that long ago and as Jessi twirled around, Gwyn did a perfect upchuck on the floor - it all just splattered and was hilarious!

Evan and Kenzie both read to me instead of me reading to them...............they must be getting older!!

 While Jessi and Gary packed up Sunday morning, the kids and I walked up to the property - the trees around the rocks were gorgeous!  The kids are excited for us to move up there so they can play there all the time!


 Gwyn once again looked so cute in her outfit!

Even though their time was short, it was a great weekend!

1 comment:

Teri said...

Looks wonderful out there. What fun to spend time with the family.