Tuesday, September 8, 2015

This 'n That

Our annual 4-H Foundation picnic was held on a lovely Sunday afternoon!!  It's always fun to get together with this bunch - lots of great food - lots of fun laughs - and lots of visiting to catch up!  Since the foundation only meets about 3 times a year, we have plenty to talk about when we do get together!  It's already been decided that next year's picnic will be at our new house  -  hard to imagine that at this point but I know it will happen!!

************************

My friend Karen and I headed up to Hudson, CO to visit one of our close friends that had moved up there in Feb.  Karen and I hadn't spent much time together this summer either so it was non-stop talking on the 2 1/2 hour drive!!  Joyce has a lovely home, almost in the country, and we enjoyed a great lunch and tour of the house!  Sure do miss having her around our area...............

************************

A root canal - not my idea of fun at all!!  But the hot and cold sensations on one of my teeth were getting to be more than I could handle so it was a trip to the dentist - who didn't have good news for me!!  One of my old fillings had come out and it either had to be pulled or do a root canal - because it's the tooth where my partial attaches, it's a VERY important tooth so my dentist highly suggested I get a root canal.  I don't usually go for those but in this case, I decided to go ahead and have it done.

My dentist doesn't do them so referred me downtown - needless to say it was NOT a great experience - I was in the chair for 3 1/2 hours!!!  Yes, there were problems as the tooth had an unusually long root AND the root had split into two forks about 1/2 way down!  And if that wasn't bad enough, trying to get x-rays on this particular tooth was extremely painful as I have a very tall bone in my mouth and that's right where the the stick and square had to press down to get the x-ray.  Tears were streaming down my cheeks each time they took one - and most of the time it took 3 to 4 tries to even get the x-ray!

I'm still suffering the effects of the root canal since a horrible canker sore appeared on my lip right where the tooth is that needed the root canal - it's been so hard to eat lately and the sore has made me miserable..................I'm just hoping both the root canal AND the sore are better by Wed. when I see the regular dentist!!

***************************

My friend Joleen was here from KS. this last week so we spent a lot of time together - one afternoon we met another friend, Jane, at the Country Lodge for a drink.  They have built this beautiful huge deck out back with a fire pit and heaters and it's a great place to meet friends!


*********************************

I got to cross something off my bucket list a couple weeks ago!!  It was on a Saturday morning and I was out walking (I don't usually walk on Saturdays but had skipped a day during the week) when I kept seeing all these cars stopping on the highway.  And then I was totally amazed because what came off the highway????  2 bull moose!!!!!!  I have NEVER seen a moose in the wild before!!  I watched them while they walked across a meadow and then cross the gravel road off the highway before I lost them.  What an experience!!  And I certainly hope it won't be the last time I see them!!

*********************************

Fall has officially arrived in Colorado!!  In fact, the smaller aspens outside my kitchen window are already gold and 1/2 of the leaves are on the ground!  But it seems the rest of the county is far behind as most of the aspens are just turning the light green!!  My house is decorated for fall - I was so excited to do this as I didn't get to put out my 4th of July decorations since the house was on the market at that time!  Stop on by - hot apple cider and pumpkin bars should be available soon!!

2 comments:

Teri said...

So sorry to hear about your root canal- those are horrible. Sounds like you have had some fun too. We are still waiting for fall - been in the 80's and humid - I am ready for some cooler weather!

Jill said...

I would take some apple cider and pumpkin bars!