Thursday, February 4, 2016

Fun NEW Things

I have ordered a LOT of things for the new house - it's all stored in the storage room and is ready to be taken to the new house - but I can't take anything up until we actually have our certificate of occupancy!

The decision was finally made for the "theme" of my kitchen.  I am going to do it in the lodge theme of moose, bear and pine cones.  So I started looking online for a 4 piece setting of stoneware with something along that line - there were quite a few patterns to choose from BUT most of the 16 piece sets were at least $150 and a lot of them were $200 - way out of my price range.................

But after looking and looking, it finally popped up that Walmart had a "moose" set for $40 - WHAT???  So I checked it out and thought it was cute as can be (who wouldn't like it at that price!!) so I did order them and they came in over the weekend!!  At that price, I can afford to get another 4 piece place setting!

 I had to make a salad up at Jaime's and since I get up so early, I made it on Sat. morning while the other girls were still in bed!  The night before we had used this cute salt and pepper grinders and I looked all over for them Sat. morning and couldn't find them at all!!  So when Jaime got up, I asked her where she kept them and she pointed to the refrigerator - they have magnets on the back of them!!

I told her if she ever saw them again to get me one and she ran upstairs and then back down and handed me a sack - inside were the salt and pepper grinders - she had bought more than one!!  I was SO EXCITED!!  The picture below is of them on my frig - but it's upside down so use your imagination!!  They actually look like bunnies and you just squeeze the ears together to get it to release the salt or pepper!!  What a cute gift!!


2 comments:

Jill said...

The plate set is super cute! Can't wait to eat off it!

Teri said...

Love the dishes and the salt and peppers are just perfect!