Wednesday, February 3, 2016

The Birthday Boy

Pretend the above picture was in the previous post!!  I forgot Jessi had taken it at the ballgame and she texted it to me last night - was just too cute to NOT post and of course couldn't figure out how to put it in a blog already posted.

Both Evan and Parker's birthday are coming up and since I was in Denver for Suite Retreat, I decided to take Evan his birthday gift.  I sure LOVE having a set gift to give the grand kids - money for books, a coupon to take them to a movie and some type of craft or artwork or hobby type thing.

One year for Christmas we had given Evan and Kylan the quarter books to fill and they loved doing that - so when I saw the penny books at Hobby Lobby, I knew that would be the perfect gift!!

 I also found right beside the penny books, a really nice book on each state in the nation - it talks about what the state is famous for and has all kinds of interesting facts and figures - I may have to borrow it sometime!!

 And then there is the tradition of bringing a Hostess cupcake with a candle if I'm not going to be there for the actual birthday cake - the kids always love it!!

Happy Early 9th Birthday Evan!!

1 comment:

Teri said...

Such great ideas for birthdays! Love it!