Monday, February 1, 2016

Suite Retreat 2016

I really didn't drop off the face of the earth - my blogging skills have been nil the past couple of weeks due to the fact that more setbacks on the house have rendered me crabby and frustrated!!  I'm not even going to blog about them as I just want to FORGET them and move on!   SO that's what I will do!!

This last weekend was our annual suite retreat - if you recall we always go to the Embassy Suites for 3 nights of scrap booking and no cooking and no kids and a lot of fun time together.  But it wasn't quite like that this year.................

The gal who puts it all together couldn't get the Embassy Suites this year as it was booked with hockey leagues so she set it up at another hotel where we would just sleep in our rooms and then all scrapbook together in one big conference room!  I have done that before and it didn't interest me at all - and Jessi would have had to bring Gwyn (who is still nursing) and there was no way we could have set Gwyn on the floor for all of that time!  Embassy Suites is so nice with the huge rooms and it would have been easy to have Gwyn be with us there...............

So we decided to do it someones house - my house was the logical choice so everyone could get away from their kids BUT we have not moved into the new house and it would have been too hard to have the girls here for 2 nights with all their scrap booking things if we had a showing - and we did have 2 showings over the weekend!!

Jaime's house is the biggest so that's where we ended up going!  We put tables in the basement and it worked out good to scrapbook there!  But of course she had her kids there and the dog and the 3 cats so there were distractions, to say the least!! 

We DID have a great time being together though and we each took a meal to prepare and clean up so she didn't have to do it all!!

I decided to let Jill have the guest bedroom and I would sleep in Rayna's room on her trundle bed - it's very comfortable!!  And then Kylan decided to sleep in there too on the floor!!  Rayna has a cat that is in the bedroom all night - for a while the cat was walking around making noises so it took me a while to get to sleep!  And I handled it OK when the cat jumped up on my bed and walked on me!  But what I couldn't handle was in the middle of the night when the cat started playing with the door stopper - you know that little thing on the wall so the door doesn't dent the drywall - yeah - well the cat would take its' paw and hit it so you can just imagine the sound it made....................needless to say the next night I slept on Kylan's bed!!!


 Jessi had brunch on Saturday morning and we thoroughly enjoyed homemade cinnamon rolls and a cup of coffee!!

 In between scrap booking we went to the boys' basketball games and a stop to give Evan his birthday present - more blogs on those events to come!!

 I didn't have a lot to scrapbook since I have officially decided to stop scrap booking - not completely of course since I am doing the grand kids professional pictures in books but the day to day pictures that I usually scrapbook won't be done any more - primarily because the girls print out my blog books each year and those have all the pictures anyway - I was kind of doing double duty the past few years and decided to stop!  So I helped the girls on their books after I finished what I had to do!

All in all though, a fun time with the girls - and that's what counts!! 

1 comment:

Teri said...

That is too bad about your suite weekend - but it sounds like you had some fun anyway. Will have to talk sometime about your house and what is happening. Maybe next week?