Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Fishing Time In Pueblo

If it's the end of May, it's time to go fishing in Pueblo - according to Glenn!  I do agree it's the perfect time to go as it's not too hot yet and usually not super crowded!

Camping was just opened in Colorado on May 18th!  And since ALL state and federal campgrounds now require reservations, I knew that everyone would be itching to go camp so I made reservations a couple of hours after they opened it up - we had marked on the map which campsites we liked and 4 out of the 6 were already booked by the time I made ours!  Yes, everyone in Colorado wants to camp this year as there's sure nothing else to do as everything is still closed!

It was fun to get the 5th wheel out and packed again for the summer!  But it's always a little daunting to me when we triple up with the boat behind it - luckily Glenn is an excellent driver and has no problem!

Our spot turned out very nice since there was a tree at our campsite!  We headed out on a Tuesday and stayed for 3 nights!  Glenn immediately headed out to fish - and I started a book, no surprise there!!

Burgers on the grill and a few fish to clean!


It always feels like "luxury" camping since we get to plug in at Pueblo!!  Which basically means I don't have to worry about running the battery down with extra lights on AND using the A/C if it gets too hot!!  (Which it did one day!!)


I enjoyed walking each morning as Glenn would get up early and leave and I would sleep in a little bit!  We were at a spot where he could park the boat in a cove and then just walk up to the campsite so he didn't have to load it every night!

We had some awesome clouds move in one evening and a couple showers of rain!


It's a beautiful setting at the reservoir, so much different than mountain camping!


Our neighbor Peggy came down to fish with Glenn one afternoon and they had a great time fishing!  I just enjoyed my books and movies and was content to stay around the campsite!

Here's Glenn heading back to the marina where I had to take the truck and trailer to pick him up!


Glenn didn't catch a lot of fish but he had a great time - until next time!!

2 comments:

Teri said...

That looks just wonderful! How nice!

Jill said...

I'm so glad you got to go!