Tuesday, September 12, 2023

August Photo Dump

 August is a thing of the past and we're now into MY ALL TIME FAVORITE MONTH!  YAY!  I've already decorated for fall and ready to embrace the season of colored leaves, crisp air, pumpkins, coffee with pumpkin spice, corn husk decorations and the SMELL of fall!

The first full moon of August - too many clouds but made for a cool picture!

When we were back in Iowa, the friend who makes the gnomes told me to stop down and pick out a free one as she was trying to get rid of her old stock - well of course I could pick out ONE but why do that when I could get 4 of them for a VERY cheap price!


I didn't see a lot of fawns this year but sure enjoyed this picture as they walked by while I was drinking my coffee!


Glenn made 2 batches of salsa this year - this was his first one!


The hummingbirds were as fun as ever to watch all summer - unfortunately the honey bees have discovered the feeder out back and they loved to hover and try to drink the sugary water!


LARGE tomatoes from Iowa - this particular one covered and overhung on my toast!


Gotta love the afternoon showers that brings the rainbows!


Palisade Peaches - they're sure not cheap once again this year but I got a case from Safeway and they were SO GOOD!!!  I froze up 2 bags for jam and 6 bags for peach crisp but decided I needed more for crisp so got another 1/2 box yesterday!

And that's a wrap for August!

2 comments:

Teri said...

such great pics - and you are doing good on freezing your peaches! I didn't freeze any this year. Such a crazy time for us -maybe next year :)

Jill said...

Those peaches sure look yummy!