Saturday, September 30, 2023

North To Fort Collins

 It was time to head north to see kids' games and celebrate Robby and Jill's anniversary with dinner out!

We were up early and headed to Ft. Collins, missing a lot of the traffic which was WONDERFUL!  It was fun to see everyone again!  Jill and I headed out shortly after we got there to run errands and SHOP!  I'm not a big shopper but Jill has a Sam's Club card (while I have Costco) so we headed there!  And of course I ALWAYS find something to buy!  This time it was a pullover shirt for Glenn and a red sweater for me!  Now I'll have something to wear to Jessi's kids events as their colors are RED!  Also got a couple of camping chairs to take to Mexico!

After stopping back home for lunch we headed to Hobby Lobby as Jill wanted to redecorate her living room!  I love to help with projects like that!  We spent a couple of hours trying different arrangements and FINALLY found the perfect items!  Not all were on sale so she bought a few and then will wait till they go on sale to buy the rest!

Then it was a race home to change and get ready to go out and eat!



Robby and Jill wanted to go to the Hibachi Grill!  We hadn't been to one in years so it was a perfect choice!  Although we didn't have the best "chef" as far as interacting with our table, the food was still great and we had a fun time!


Aleah wanted to go out for coffee the next morning so Starbucks it was!  I'm not a fan of their coffee but tried a mocha with pumpkin spice and it was good!  I always enjoy spending some time with Aleah!


Then it was time for baseball and softball games!  Aleah had to play 2 games so Robby took her while the rest of us took Parker to his baseball game - unfortunately they lost but it was great to see Parker play!


Hanging out at Parker's game - glad we found some shade as it was DARN hot out that day!


Then we headed to Aleah's 2nd game and got to watch her play - she did just great - not a win though!  Both kids were hot and tired!  We stopped and got some burgers for the guys for dinner that night  - I still had leftovers from the night before!

TV time for these 3!  I was on the loveseat reading so I'm thinking there was football on!

Monday morning the kids were off to school, as was Jill!  Glenn and I waited for traffic to subside a little bit and then headed out!  We decided to take the back way home which was a nice change from the interstate and it didn't take us that much longer!   A great weekend!

2 comments:

DrKeppy said...

Glad you made it to the games! They all look cozy on the couch!

Jill said...

Thanks so much for coming up! I'm pretty sure Parker's team won that game.