Friday, September 15, 2023

Heritage Museum and Rita

 Next on the list was stopping at the Heritage Museum at the top of the hill, overlooking Cripple Creek!  It's a great museum with the history of the mines and how C. Crk grew to a HUGE city during the gold rush!  I've been there several times and always enjoy it!  The views are AMAZING!!!!


I've always loved this sign before you come into Cripple Creek!


And then we were off to Victor to see the newest troll, Rita the Rock Planter!  This troll was constructed by artist Thomas Dambo and is completely made out of recycled wood!  He also made the troll in Breckenridge!  After driving through Victor, we found the turn off and you hike in about 1/4 mile to see Rita!


It's really a COOL troll to see!



Check out those hands - pushing the rocks back into the ground!


I like this selfie pic because it looks like Rita is looking at us out of the corner of her eye!


You can walk a little further to the overlook and what a cool picture when you look back at Rita!  Shows all the mining that has been going on!


Wednesday we went over to Wild Horse for coffee - it's all decorated for fall - I sure love this place!


Carrie spent all day Tuesday and Wednesday with me before another friend picked her up on Wed. nite!  We had a nice visit and it was great to see her!

And Wednesday afternoon my friend Joleen from KS drove in - yes, I did a lot of sheets and towels over those few days!


3 comments:

DrKeppy said...

I can't wait to see Rita - love the pics! And I am SO glad Wildhorse Cafe exists!!! Glad you had a great visit!

Teri said...

What fun times!

Jill said...

Glad you made the most out of your trip to Cripple Creek! Rita looks so cool!