Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Denver Bound

 After returning from Estes Park, it was a busy week and 1/2 with Food Pantry, a cortizone shot in my back, a massage (hooray!), coffee with the choir girls, another Dr. appt, and a homeowners association meeting!  

Glenn had left for 4 days with Brad to go ice fishing in KS.  I decided when he was gone I was going to go through closets and drawers and sort stuff - by the time we get back from Mexico, there's always so much to catch up on that I rarely get started on my spring cleaning - so why not do some of it before we go!

I actually got the entire downstairs done (along with washing all the blankets and quilts in the linen closet downstairs) AND the office (which took FOREVER) and laundry room done!  Hooray for me!  Lots of stuff had went to Goodwill and the girls wanted a few items - my house feels lighter - HA!

ANYWAY - after all of that I headed to Denver on an early Saturday morning as I wanted to see the grandkids one more time before we left!  Jill had offered to come to Denver with Aleah and Parker and since Jaime had the day off, she came up too!!  What fun we had all going to coffee together - that doesn't happen very often!

We also got to meet Kona, the Keppys' new puppy who is just darling and cute as can be!

We celebrated early birthdays for the two boys - Evan turns 17 and Parker turns 13, both in Feb.!  They're growing up WAY TOO FAST!



Mid-afternoon we headed to Dairy Queen so I could treat everyone to ice cream!


Evan headed to a concert in Thorton so he wasn't with us!  We all enjoyed our choice of ice cream!


We played Sketch It once again, that hilarious game of drawing and guessing - and yes, once again my pictures were not great but Kenzie did her best to guess them and most of the time she was right!


Me and my girls!!


Jaime had books made of "Smile Pictures".  I received one too but had opened it at home as at that time, she didn't know she was coming up to Denver!  Whenever anyone sees anything that somewhat resembles a smile, they send it to the group sight!  Jaime went back through hundreds and hundreds of pictures and picked them all out to make this book - it's so cute!


I slept in the bottom bunk of Gwyn's bunkbed - and slept pretty darn good1


2 comments:

DrKeppy said...

It was SO nice that we got to all be together!! Thank you for the ice cream and coffee!!

Jill said...

It was a fun day at the Keppy's!