Friday, May 23, 2008

Fridays and Holidays

It's the Friday before Memorial Day and I always did love 3 day weekends!! Our camping plans for the weekend were nixed because of me - since I just got my cast off Wednesday and am still on crutches, there was no way I was going to consider camping and trying to crawl up the steps to our popup camper on the back of the truck! Just can't do it! SO the guys are STILL going fishing in Wyoming (weather permitting - tornados are on the loose the last couple of days!) and the girls are gathering at Jaime's for the weekend!

So a 1/2 day at work is always fun, knowing you're done at 12:00 - I think I could get used to working 1/2 days!! What do you think boss?

Fridays are always a great day for me as it's "Special Coffee Day" for me - once a week I treat myself to Java Junction's Mocha Caramel Coffee!!! I haven't been in the place since I broke my leg and Glenn has been very kind to stop on Friday's and get me coffee before he takes me to work. But the coffee place changed hands the week before D-Day (the day I broke my leg) and I was praying the coffee would still be as good! I haven't been impressed the last couple of weeks as last week's coffee was minus the caramel and therefore not as good - but I decided to give them one last chance today. So after putting the keys and my money in my pocket, setting the crutches outside the car door and grabbing a to go cup, I managed to get into the place and order my coffee. I watched the new guy squirt the chocolate in (not NEARLY enough) and add the caramel (not even a 1/2 of a shot) and thought to myself this is NOT looking good! He filled my cup to the top and THEN squirted tons of whipped cream on - there was NO WAY the lid was going to go on so I stood there licking at the whipped cream - still can't get the lid on - more whip cream in the mouth - still won't go - then I start to drink the coffee, all the time thinking it doesn't taste great and it's not very hot but I MUST get to work so finally the lid goes on and I hobble out to the car, load the crutches and am on my way.

It took 2 trips to get into work with my coffee and my bag and I get seated and try the coffee again - it was AWFUL!!! I really think he forgot to put any coffee in it - it tasted like warm milk with a hint of chocolate and no caramel taste at all! And for anybody that knows me, they KNOW I detest milk by itself! What a way to start my Friday!! So next week it's FIND A NEW COFFEE PLACE!!

Since we're heading to Denver, I must tell Jessi that a stop at Caribou Coffee (my all-time favorite coffee place) is on my TO DO LIST for the weekend!

And just for the record - after reading a friend's blog for a couple of years now, my daughter Jessi's blog, and my niece Amanda's blog, I have decided to start one myself!! I journal daily, but it has become more of a "what's going on" journal than real writing! Since I can type MUCH faster than I can write - this will be perfect for me! HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND!

1 comment:

Deb ... said...

My dear friend in Colorado. Technology draws us closer. Thankyou for the lift on this day before the Memorial Day holiday. My thought this week has been - LIFE GOES ON - whether we want it to or not. And, so dear Becky - keep on with this great way of expressing and encouraging others. LOVE ~ Deb in WI