Monday, May 26, 2008

Grandkids, Garage Sales and Gifts

It's early Memorial Day Weekend morning and Jaime's house is QUIET!! And that's a little rare! I've spent the last 3 nights sleeping beside Rayna in her trundle bed - yes, it's just a twin bed but no matter WHERE I sleep in Jaime's house, I always sleep great!!! I awoke early, smelling that WONDERFUL Colorado air coming in through the window and I laid in bed a long time, realizing just how much I LOVE that smell!

The guys are still fishing up in Wyoming - not really catching many fish I guess (the tornado up there stirred up the waters! - not a great excuse but I'm sure it will work!) but having a good time - and that's all that matters!

Jaime, Rayna, Kylan, Jessi, Evan and I have just had such a fun weekend, not really doing much at all! We've watched movies, laughed at the kids running around the yard getting wet in their pools, ate yummy Papa Murphy's pizza and moose tracks ice cream and spicy chicken linguine, played the game Bananagram I can't tell you how many times (and we're STILL waiting for Jaime to win!), drank my Caribou Coffee, went to several garage sales (while I looked from the inside of the car), made a trip to Lowe's to get Glenn's birthday present, and had a patio party on Jaime's deck!

Life is good with family around! It's not often that I get to spend time with the girls and the grandkids without the guys around - not that I don't ENJOY the guys, it's just that time is SPECIAL with just the "girls" around!

Yesterday was Kylan's 1st birthday - we won't celebrate it till today when the guys get back! But what fun to watch him and 15 month old Evan play together! We get many, many laughs! Kylan walked SEVERAl steps yesterday and Evan learned to say Nana - now how special is that? These are the most wonderful gifts I could ever have!

I had really planned to write more this morning but guess what - the kids are up and it's time for pancakes! Jessi is on her way over and it's time to get the day going - I hope your day is as special as mine is going to be!

No comments: