Saturday, May 31, 2008

Sunny Deck Days

It's one of those BEAUTIFUL Colorado days that you just have to brag about! Spring is always slow in coming to the mountains but when it arrives, you are SO excited and take any advantage of being outside that you can!

I was excited for spring to arrive this year so I could sit out on my new deck! It's a large beautiful deck that faces Pikes Peak and yes, the peak still has snow on it so it's gorgeous! We have a nice patio table and 4 chairs along with a swing that has a canopy on it. Our side door off the dining room opens out onto the deck so you can crank the music up and hear it outside!

Glenn and I sat on the deck this morning having coffee and just enjoying the sunshine - you can smell the pine trees too and pretty soon the aspen trees will be budding out! It's a short summer here!

After some of my morning chores, I hit the deck for some sun! (And yes Amanda, I DID put on sunscreen!) I decided my wimpy looking leg needed a little color so off came the aircast and it IS looking much better! The sun was wonderful......

I even had some company this morning - my good friend Joleen brought over daughter Becca and her 3 kids - she has a new baby, Sophie, that I hadn't seen yet and my, is she a doll!! She has the cutest, pudgiest cheeks that you just want to pinch! Becca and Jessi were very close friends during high school and we always make it a point to all try and get together whenever we're all in the area!

My project for the afternoon is to bake a rhubarb cobbler - Joleen brought me back fresh rhubarb from Ks. on her last trip out and I have the best recipe for a dessert! It's also made with fresh strawberries - yum! I better get busy....

1 comment:

ahh bear said...

:) You can't go wrong with sunscreen! I found a new one that I love - it's Neutrogena Dry Touch w/ Helioplex (something like that) - it's light and it smells great.