Thursday, May 29, 2008

Relaxation!

If someone were to ask me my top two forms of relaxation, #1 would be a massage and #2 would be the hot tub!

One of my clients was in yesterday and noticed the cast on my leg - she has had numerous leg problems and the majority of the time, she's on crutches or using a cane! I told her my story and she asked me if I was going to therapy for my leg or just doing exercises and I told her I just had to do the exercises. She informed me that the BEST way to do them was in a swimming pool as your foot is buoyant and you don't feel the PAIN then! I agreed - by the time I get to the end of my exercise, I hurt!

Well, there sure isn't a swimming pool handy but we have a hot tub, the next best thing! So that's exactly where I was at last night about 9:00 - enjoying the hot tub and doing my foot and ankle exercises in the water - and she was right - it is so much easier to do them in the water!

I have always loved hot tubs - Glenn and I got our first hot tub when Jill was in the 8th grade - why I remember this, I have no idea - but I do remember that confirmation was coming up soon! After the tub was delivered, set up, and filled, the workers informed us that it would take quite a while to heat up before we could use it! That wasn't what the girls wanted to hear! Since it was way too cold to use before bedtime, the girls set their alarm for some ungodly early morning hour to see if they could get in then! I have to admit, I don't remember if they were able to or not!

We used the hot tub at our other place many, many times! My favorite time was at dusk - but nightime ran a close 2nd as you could lay there and look at the stars. We had a great view of the sky and it was so relaxing to just lie there and stare at the stars! Even getting in the tub all winter was fun - the hot tub was just a step out the door and yes, it was COLD before you got in, but well worth it once you settled down in the water! I especially enjoyed full moon nights with the white snow all around - it was almost light out with the reflection of the moon on the snow!

Our old hot tub was sold with the house - but we had another one bought right away! It's a newer model with more jets and an awesome lounge chair that I love! This tub isn't quite as handy as our old one - until the steps and small deck are built around the hot tub, you have to walk the length of the covered porch and then walk on dirt out to it! We thought we had a good view of the sky at our old place - well, it doesn't COMPARE to what we have at the new house! Because we don't have a lot of trees right by the hot tub, the entire sky is there for your viewing and it's amazing!

I've spent many hours in our hot tubs with friends and family and drinks and chips - it's a great way to just sit and relax and catch up with people! And if you don't feel like talking, that's OK too, as the silence in the country is wonderful!

Guess where I'll be about 8:00 tonight?

1 comment:

ahh bear said...

Wish I lived closer to hop in your hot tub!!! Guess what we have - a ridiculously large bathtub with NO jets in it!