Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Going UP, UP and UP.....

I filled up my gas tank yesterday after work - I hadn't done this for 6 weeks and I knew what the gas prices were - it just didn't really hit home though until I filled it myself! Gas here in Colorado is $3.68 for unleaded and $4.48 for diesel -unfortunately, Glenn has to drive the diesel truck the majority of the time for his granite business - ouch - it hurts the pocketbook to fill up these days! I always fill up at 1/4 of a tank and even then, it was $63.20 to fill up!

Each Christmas the girls and I make up a list of questions to answer - they're our "predictions" for the year and each couple answers the questions and then I keep the answers until next Christmas when we read them aloud on Christmas Eve - the couple that answers the MOST questions right, gets the "frog" for the year - the frog is a cute ceramic guy that sits about a foot tall and has a change of clothes for the different seasons and holidays! Glenn and I haven't won yet - darn!! But anyway, one of the questions on our sheet was to write down the price of gas - we will be using the price on Christmas Eve at the Western Convenience Store, right outside of Woodland Park. I distinctly remember the price Glenn and I put down - $4.00 a gallon - and I think we might be pretty close come next December - gas probably will NOT go down - only up!

We probably won't camp very much this summer due to the cost of gas, as camping means driving the diesel truck with the camper on it! But we CAN camp close to home - there are lots of beautiful places to camp within an hour and a half drive (well, to be honest, that's not totally correct as our back yard would be a gorgoues place to camp with our view of the mountains!!) I guess time will tell whether or not we camp much......................

My boss left today for a 2 week vacation to South Carolina to visit his son and daughter-in-law. They only see each other once a year - makes me feel very fortunate to see my girls as often as I do! SO I'm on my own!! I get along just fine as I run the office anyway - but I'm REALLY glad I am walking on my own without the crutches as it makes it easier to do the banking and getting the mail from the post office. The hardest part of not having Gary around is I'm in charge of his many, many plants in the office (including 4 orchid plants) and watering the lawn. So I take very careful notes of his instructions as I'm always worried I will kill off a plant or two when he's gone!

June is usually our busiest month in the insurance industry but the economy has slowed down enough that I believe we will not be very busy the next month. I have a couple of projects to do that I have been putting off until I was back to work full time, so I'll keep busy! Enjoy your vacation Gary - you deserve it!

1 comment:

ahh bear said...

I like your predictions at Christmas idea! That's really neat! What are some of the other questions you ask?